community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK METS    Jerry Manuel is not Latin
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Manuel is not Latin Login/Join

Hall of Fame
Picture of WrightNReyes
posted
Lets get this straight so no one ever brings this up again. Jerry Manuel is not Latin! Evan Roberts just confirmed this on WFAN.

So lets please not use this to say Omar is making this an All-Latin team!

It's sad that I even have to post this but if I don't more then all the Omar haters will use this against him. It's so sad that it's gotten to the point with this team.

Posts: 28466 | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Not to stir the pot....But Omar was Willie's champion....I have to belive that Manuel was the Wilpon's choice....not Omars..
What the hell does it matter anyway?

Posts: 9503 | Registered: December 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hall of Fame
Picture of WrightNReyes
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter but someone made a thread on why Alomar wasn't fired and they said it was because he's Latin just like Manuel.

All Star
posted Hide Post
I beleieve you are reffering to my post... Fine Manual is not Latin... But 95% of the team is... If the tables were turned... Wouldn't people be saying there are not any minorities on the team... Look I am not a racist... And to be honest i could care less if the players were from Mars... Just win!

Posts: 3981 | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hall of Fame
Picture of WrightNReyes
posted Hide Post
56% of the Mets current team is Latin. Enough of Omar only wanting Latin players!

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WrightNReyes:
56% of the Mets current team is Latin. Enough of Omar only wanting Latin players!

That may be true, but you cannot deny the fact that Omar himself said he wanted to make Los Mets, which is why everyone pays close attention to that.

Posts: 11328 | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctnets:
I beleieve you are reffering to my post... Fine Manual is not Latin... But 95% of the team is... If the tables were turned... Wouldn't people be saying there are not any minorities on the team... Look I am not a racist... And to be honest i could care less if the players were from Mars... Just win!

You must be very young. For most of their existence, the Mets have been a predominantly white team both on the field and in management positions. Very few people, if anyone, complained about it, even when they were losing 90 games a season. So the fact that the ethnic makeup of the team has changed in recent years shouldn't make you uncomfortable, either.

Posts: 7238 | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JzRadio60:
quote:

You must be very young. For most of their existence, the Mets have been a predominantly white team both on the field and in management positions. Very few people, if anyone, complained about it, even when they were losing 90 games a season. So the fact that the ethnic makeup of the team has changed in recent years shouldn't make you uncomfortable, either.

No my friend...i have been watching this team for over 40 yrs... and if you read my post i said i was not being racist... and i don't need to explain my position on that issue with you or anyone else. The fact of the matter is King Omar made a comment years back.. trying to be funny or not... That he would like to see Los Mets.... So... Move on.

Sports Fan
posted Hide Post
I don't give a crap who's Latino or whatever. I don't give a crap about ethnicity. I want people who can play, who WANT to play, and are not going to get hurt every other week....and managers and coaches who are going to go out every day and do a great job. I ask for too much!
However, I also don't like the Wilpons or Omar or Tony very much right now.

Posts: 488 | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JzRadio60:
quote:

No my friend...i have been watching this team for over 40 yrs... and if you read my post i said i was not being racist... and i don't need to explain my position on that issue with you or anyone else. The fact of the matter is King Omar made a comment years back.. trying to be funny or not... That he would like to see Los Mets.... So... Move on.

So if you don't care what the makeup of the team is, then why bring it up?

Posts: 7238 | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
posted Hide Post
Please end this.... Lets Go Mets!

Mets Board Pres
Picture of diehardfan718
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please end this.... Lets Go Mets!

seriously, let's end this talk

Posts: 41205 | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
Picture of raystorm
posted Hide Post
Just a bump so people aren't confused. Jerry Manuel is BLACK. The Phillies manager is Charlie Manuel. He is WHITE. Manuel is not exclusively a latino surname. There goes your manuel lesson of the day.

Posts: 11271 | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
so... this continues .

Hall of Fame
Picture of WrightNReyes
posted Hide Post
This continues because the Omar bashers are upset that Manuel is not Latin. They want to use everything against him.