community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  NO SPORTS TALK    i hate Prescott Arizona
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i hate Prescott Arizona Login/Join

General Manager
Picture of mookie1
posted
As many of you know I am a New Yorker who has relocated to AZ for family reason.I live in Northern AZ today March 18th it is 37 degrees and snowing-it snowed all last week as well.When it snows here the town shuts down and the few idiots that do drive have NO IDEA how to drive in snow-the county has very little equiptment to deal with it as well so the roads stay covered in ice and snow- anyway that is my vent -i can take a deep breath now

Posts: 11519 | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
posted Hide Post
I don't know ****ie, "hate's" a pretty strong word for this forum. Perhaps, in order to save the thread, you should change that to "dis-like" or 'don't particularly care for". Or better yet, "love" Prescott Arizona.
The word "hate" is going to be very controversial IMO. Perhaps a soothing slice of cheese will calm you.
On a personal note, I HATE snow and I don't care who it offends when I say that! My God, I'm such a hypocrit! I tell you not to use the word "hate" and then I go right ahead and use the same word. I think I'll have a Feta Margarita and chill out.

Posts: 12734 | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
Picture of mookie1
posted Hide Post
i better watch out

Rookie
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh, ****ie sounds cranky

Ang

Posts: 866 | Registered: December 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mets Board Pres
Picture of diehardfan718
posted Hide Post
would you consider or have you ever thought about moving back?

Posts: 41277 | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Legend
posted Hide Post
Quote:

As many of you know I am a New Yorker who has relocated to AZ for family reason.I live in Northern AZ today March 18th it is 37 degrees and snowing-it snowed all last week as well.When it snows here the town shuts down and the few idiots that do drive have NO IDEA how to drive in snow-the county has very little equiptment to deal with it as well so the roads stay covered in ice and snow- anyway that is my vent -i can take a deep breath now

Today is the first day of Spring. It is 21 degrees where I live. There are white flakes swirling around. And they are predicting high temps of 35. And nobody here knows how to drive in this weather either!

Posts: 12413 | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
Quote:

******, hang in there buddy. Just play the blues!

Posts: 8870 | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
Picture of mookie1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

would you consider or have you ever thought about moving back?

i would but i wouldn't want to take my wife that far away from her family-plus my mom would be devestated.My only option for getting out of Prescott is to maybe move to California or P***nix -neither are New York but at least i would have more opportunites to make a better life for my family

General Manager
Picture of mookie1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

******, hang in there buddy. Just play the blues!

playing the blues does get me by at least i have a great group of guys to play with in the band

All Star
posted Hide Post
good luck!

(by the way, why can't we say "m o o k"?

Mets Board Pres
Picture of diehardfan718
posted Hide Post
I believe that is a derogatory slang word towards Asians.

Posts: 41277 | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
Picture of mookie1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I believe that is a derogatory slang word towards Asians.

that is true-i think it is derogatory for a Vietnamese person.I know that so i don't think anyone is cursing at me

All Star
posted Hide Post
Oh. Never heard that before. That's mean.

General Manager
Picture of mookie1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Uh-oh, ****ie sounds cranky

Ang

ha i guess i was a bit cranky on Saturday i guess my job with the Prescott Chamber of Commerce-tourism dept won't happen soon ..."Come to Prescott AZ were you will be inundated with cowboy art and kettle corn,where if you don't drink there is nothing to do, oh yeah and the weather isn't all that fantastic either"

All Star
posted Hide Post
****ie,
I believe the part about drinking. I gotta tell you about this fight I witnessed outside Chase Field in P***nix between one of us "yankees" and the biggest drunken fool I've ever seen in my life. It was one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed.

A bunch of us Rutgers fans chartered a bus to take us between the stadium and our hotel in scottsdale. As we're making our way to the bus, this wasted moron on a bicycle rides by and curses us all off. He tells us that we're no longer welcome in Arizona, as if he was sanctioned by the governor's office to relay the message. By the way, there is no possible way the guy had any affiliation with Arizona State University. He was just some wasted townie.

I was with my fiance, so we got on the bus, along with most of the people who were with the group. However, a few guys hung around outside to talk back to the guy. The drunk comes back to these guys and they start talking trash to each other. Eventually, the drunk gets off his bicycle and clumsily approaches on of the guys. The guy just tees off on the drunk's face and he goes down. His body landed sort of under our bus. We're all watching this laughing our tails off.

Right at that moment, the bus driver who had no clue what was happening, begins to drive off--with the knocked out drunk lying beneath the bus! We all scream for the driver to stop, which he did (thank god).

The drunk gets up, picks up his bicyle and runs it into this alley. We watch him hide the bike in the alley and then return to the group of guys who just laid him out. This time, they guys were warning him that he's going to get hurt unless he walks away. The drunk finally came to his senses and retreated back to his hidden bike.

He get on the bicycle in the alley to ride away but his balance was all messed up so he ended up riding his bike directly into a brick wall, banged his head and went down! At this point, everyone in the bus is laughing our rear ends off and the drunk was finally able to get back on and get away.

The thing is, there were a ton of people who were alone, wasted and apparently unaffiliated with the ASU in any way. It was definitely a little concerning to see that in general.