community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    LINE COMBOS!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LINE COMBOS!!! Login/Join

All Star
posted
Like you didn't see this coming...

Any thoughts people? I saw some suggestion like this on twitter and I didn't think it's bad to start out.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Nash-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

Posts: 3823 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d3xd3x:
Like you didn't see this coming...

Any thoughts people? I saw some suggestion like this on twitter and I didn't think it's bad to start out.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Nash-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Pyatt
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

Good for you d3. I'd flip flop Hags and Kreider.
Say KC, what's your take on Kreider's five goals in 35 games?

Posts: 5797 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
I haven't really paid muich attention, but Kkreider always seems to play to the level of talent around him, when that talent is the likes of Kris Newbury, you can understand the lack of scoring.
Sounds like torts will continue to be his stubborn self, and not invite a bunch of extra players to camp, but I'll ask, with the short camp, doesn't it make more sense to have a bunch of guys around that are in mid-season form? I don't know if the league is going to start with an expended roster(makes sense), but having a few guys around that have be playing all year seems to be a smart idea(especailly for 3rd and 4th liners.)

Posts: 5709 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
Picture of NoMore1940
posted Hide Post
If we've learned one thing about John Tortorella during his tenure as Rangers' head coach, it is that THERE ARE NO LINE COMBOS.

Having said that, I break down the Rangers' potential lineup as follows:

Rick Nash is a lefthanded shooter who has played right wing his entire career. Same goes for Marian Gaborik. Ryan Callahan and Arron Asham (ugh) round out the right wings.
Brad Richards, Derek Stepan, Brian Boyle and Jeff Halpern get penciled in at center;
Chris Krieder, Carl Hagelin, Taylor Pyatt and Mike Rupp get penciled in at left wing. Therefore, my tentative line combos break down as follows:

Krieder - Richards - Nash
Hagelin - Stepan - Gaborik
Pyatt - Boyle - Callahan
Rupp - Halpern - Asham

Looking at this lineup, I HOPE some youngsters on the farm are given the opportunity to prove themselves, play their way into the lineup and win a spot on the roster, and replace some questionable 'weak links' currently expected to hold spots in the lineup...

Posts: 5922 | Registered: December 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
I hope some youngsters crack the line up too. I do not want to watch Asham and Rupp play every game. Use them as needed. Isn't Asham still suspended too?

I am looking forward to seeing Pyatt play. Not expecting much but he seems like he has the potential to net a few goals.

Posts: 1159 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Maybe the shortened season helps, but the key to me is Stepan elevating and maIntaining a high level of play.

Posts: 5392 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
How about the PP? What 2 PP lines do you guys see happening? Anyone remember where Nash normally plays?

Posts: 3823 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted Hide Post
I think it will be hard to expect a lot of changes from last years lines, and I doubt we will see anyone from Ct. crack the lineup without injuries at the beginning of the season. One week of training camp isn't going to allow for much experimenting. I think Torts goes with what he has from last year atleast the start of the season.

Posts: 445 | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post