community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    What to do with Wade Redden???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with Wade Redden??? Login/Join

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted

Posts: 9665 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
He will undoubtedly get bought out in the off season. Seems unfair to not let Wade play in the AHL just so he doesn't get hurt, though that seems to be the smartest option.

1% chance he plays with the Rangers this season.

Posts: 1061 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biz1006:
He will undoubtedly get bought out in the off season. Seems unfair to not let Wade play in the AHL just so he doesn't get hurt, though that seems to be the smartest option.

Unfair??? Paying a guy millions of dollars to sit on his a** and we're supposed to feel sorry for him? Screw him! It's Redden's fault for playing like the bum that he is, and it's Sather's fault for bringing him here in the first place.

Posts: 5575 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Only in the corporate sports world can a guy collect a weekly paycheck of over $115,000 to do nothing. Wow.

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PG67:
Only in the corporate sports world can a guy collect a weekly paycheck of over $115,000 to do nothing. Wow.

Actually that kind of thing is commonplace being a government employee. And they have job security and full benefits.

Posts: 5575 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
i am curious as to being the AHL played to this point, was his salary effected or delayed due to the lock out?.
or, has he been collecting a pay check every week since september towards his 6.5 mil per year?.

Posts: 2851 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
quote:

Unfair??? Paying a guy millions of dollars to sit on his a** and we're supposed to feel sorry for him? Screw him! It's Redden's fault for playing like the bum that he is, and it's Sather's fault for bringing him here in the first place.

I cannot argue with that. Its just not in the spirit of hockey.

Posts: 1061 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't worry he can hang out with Scott Gomez.........who was sent home for the season by Montreal so he can be an "amnesty buyout" next summer. Maybe they can open a crummy pizzeria together. Hiding

Posts: 2560 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't worry he can hang out with Scott Gomez.........who was sent home for the season by Montreal so he can be an "amnesty buyout" next summer. Maybe they can open a crummy pizzeria together. Hiding

I agree. Let him know we're buying his a## out and send him home. Any luck, he'll decide to void his contract in an effort to actually try and resurrect his career with another team (I know...fat chance, but you never know).

Posts: 1859 | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22nicky:
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree. Let him know we're buying his a## out and send him home. Any luck, he'll decide to void his contract in an effort to actually try and resurrect his career with another team (I know...fat chance, but you never know).

i doubt that, who would not take 13 mil to go home?

Posts: 2851 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
The NHL/NHLPA just changed the "amnesty buyout" rule so teams so Redden and Gomez don't have to sit out the year.

They can both be bought out after clearing waivers....but it's more of a benefit to the players than the teams.

The amendment to the buyout clause came after after Montreal sent Gomez home.

I think they call it "The Sather Amendment".

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
From Andrew Gross:
quote:
Wade Redden is getting paid. A day after the Rangers finalized the buyout of the last two years of his six-year $39 million deal, the veteran defenseman has signed a one-year, $800,000 deal with the St. Louis Blues.
Which means the only time Redden could face the Rangers this season is in the Stanley Cup finals.

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post

Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PG67:
Redden to Blues

There is a fool born every minute LMAO

Posts: 445 | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
Fair value for Redden, considering league minimum is $500,000 or 600,000.

That being said, I hope he plays as soft and disinterested as he did here, and falls flat on his face. Devil