community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    NHL Network's Road to Victory: The New York Rangers Story
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHL Network's Road to Victory: The New York Rangers Story Login/Join

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted
Happy New Year to the greatest hockey fans in the world, The NY Rangers.

If any of you have the NHL station, and you haven't done so already you have to watch "The Road to Victory"/The New York Rangers.

It is the best video of the NY Rangers march to the cup in 1994, with great clips of NY Ranger Season Ticket Holders in 94. In 94 I had my season tickets in Section 410 Row A. And in this video you will see Anthony and Peter from Section 411. Anthony who gives a great re cap and a true story about the exit sign he demolished in the 7th game against the devils who scored the tying goal with seconds left when we all thought we had it won and were moving on to the finals. Anthony who never sat in his seat during games, instead he would stand up in the last row between both our sections 410 and 411.

This NHL production of 94 is the best ever for any Ranger Fan. Words will not do it any justice, you have to see it to believe it. It really brought back some fantastic memories for me, once's I have never forgotten till this day. I said it before, and I will say it again, Swamp Rats, FishSticks can talk all they want about when they won the cup, but it will never compare to 94. Everyone just about forgot about the Swamp Rats and Fishsticks, but it's 2013 and they are still talking about when the Rangers won the Cup in 94.

Watch it Ranger Fans, you will love it. I will just leave you with what the Capt. Said in 1994 during the semi finals against the Swamp Rats.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/118713/Mess3.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TonyG,

Posts: 5249 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
DID SOMEONE MENTION "1994"???? WOOOOO!!!! HEY G-MAN! Cheers

Posts: 37 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
Trophy Thumbs Up Applaude

Spectator
posted Hide Post
WE NEED SOME HOCKEY BUDDY.....I MISS MY RANGERS!

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
All hail the King Thumbs Up

I hear ya pal. But this Gary A Hole Bettman, is destroying the game we love.

Drop the puck baby, even if it's for 40 games. Nothing can take the place of hockey.

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
This was on Xmas night and I was blown away by how good it was. I love that they traced everything back to 1991 and meticulously detailed every major move the team went through in the years that followed. Also nice to see Barry Meisel, who wrote thee be all end all book on this team. When it was over, I felt sad that I will never witness a team and story like that again. Life is bittersweet.

Posts: 5250 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Need to watch it....by the way.....I was two sections over from you. Sec. 412 Row A Seats 5 and 6

Posts: 1306 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
NO MORE THAN A WEEK IS LEFT TO SALVAGE ANY TYPE OF A SEASON...LETS HOPE IT HAPPENS. SURE MISS SEEING NASH DEBUT IN RED / WHITE AND BLUE....GOOD THING GABORIK RECOVERY WAS NOT UNDER THE MICROSCOPE.

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike22NYR:
Need to watch it....by the way.....I was two sections over from you. Sec. 412 Row A Seats 5 and 6
Wow Mike a small world isn't it. I only had one seat at that time. 410 row a seat #3. It was by far the best seat I ever had for viewing hockey with no one in front of me and where the Rangers shot twice and sitting up high you could see the play and the puck better then if you were in the old Red Seats, along with the greatest Fans ever. Hey Mike do you remember when the Hanson Brothers from Slap Shot came up and sat with us? They were sitting directly behind me, what a blast and what fun we had. Big LaughI remember when a fight broke out on the ice and they both stood up screaming, "Fight,Fight,Fight" Boxing Head Bang a year that will last us a lifetime.

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RZ Bure:
This was on Xmas night and I was blown away by how good it was. I love that they traced everything back to 1991 and meticulously detailed every major move the team went through in the years that followed. Also nice to see Barry Meisel, who wrote thee be all end all book on this team. When it was over, I felt sad that I will never witness a team and story like that again. Life is bittersweet.
I agree RC, it was one of the best. I remember Anthony hitting that Exit sign and bleeding, but he never left the game bloody arm with paper towels on it. A great fan and a great guy.

I have already watched it 3 times.

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KINGER:
NO MORE THAN A WEEK IS LEFT TO SALVAGE ANY TYPE OF A SEASON...LETS HOPE IT HAPPENS. SURE MISS SEEING NASH DEBUT IN RED / WHITE AND BLUE....GOOD THING GABORIK RECOVERY WAS NOT UNDER THE MICROSCOPE.
I am really looking forward to seeing this entire team that was put together in the off season. Especially Nash. We should know something today!!!! Lets hope they drop the puck big guy.

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok Ranger fans let me introduce you to the one and only original 1994 from the original MSG Board. KINGER was the man and still is the one and only 1994 The King! A true Hockey and big time Ranger Fan. Welcome aboard Big Guy. Bow

Spectator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyG:
quote:
Ok Ranger fans let me introduce you to the one and only original 1994 from the original MSG Board. KINGER was the man and still is the one and only 1994 The King! A true Hockey and big time Ranger Fan. Welcome aboard Big Guy. Bow

THANK YOU MY LONG TIME FRIEND AND HELLO RANGERS FANS! Cheers

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TonyG:
quote:

THANK YOU MY LONG TIME FRIEND AND HELLO RANGERS FANS! Cheers

right back at you Cheers

also good to see you posting again tony Hello

Posts: 3174 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
I am still here slapper, just was waiting for the season to start. But my thoughts were always with my Ranger Fans on this board, always will be Cheers