community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    First Victim Of The Pending Lockout:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Victim Of The Pending Lockout: Login/Join

All Star
posted
No prospect tourney in Traverse City. Too bad, I enjoyed seeing the latest draft picks and how others in the system were progressing, oh well.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Bummer.

Posts: 9667 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
No prospect tourney in Traverse City. Too bad, I enjoyed seeing the latest draft picks and how others in the system were progressing, oh well.

I was also really looking forward to seeing how some of these prospects have progressed. Maaaaannnnnnn...... I hate when we don't have hockey. Mad

Posts: 356 | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
How about us ranger fans? I have to curb my enthusiasm for he season until this nonsense is resolved.

Posts: 4831 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RZ Bure:
How about us ranger fans? I have to curb my enthusiasm for the season until this nonsense is resolved.

I already curbed mine.

Let's hope they get this thing done.

If so, let's try to get to a real game this season, Julian.

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Absolutely

Posts: 4831 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about us ranger fans? I have to curb my enthusiasm for he season until this nonsense is resolved.

This has been the most excited I've for a season to start for ANY of my teams. We are easily the SC favorites...which would figure if there is a lockout...

Posts: 6 | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfab:
quote:

This has been the most excited I've for a season to start for ANY of my teams. We are easily the SC favorites...which would figure if there is a lockout...

I am excited about this season too, but I dont think we are a cup favorite yet. Still some work to do. Plus Gabby will be out for almost 1/2 the season. I would rather not be a cup favorite, because it might get to some players heads and other teams will be gunning for us

Posts: 1187 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Center Brandon Dubinsky is openly critical of NHL owners for their stance in labor talks that almost certainly will lead to a lockout of the players...

"The game has grown $1.5 billion since the last lockout," Dubinsky said. "We gave away a lot of money last time. Since then, the game has grown substantially. We don’t understand why they’re asking for more concessions.It’s clear that some of our teams need help. The league, as they call it, means 30 teams. We need to find a way to share revenue. We just think there are a lot of ways to do it without just taking back more money from the players."

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
All I have to say is that this is just plain wrong on so many levels. We should all be licking our chops right about now at the anticipation of the new hockey season. Instead, here we are wondering if there is even going to be a season. Is this going to be another shortened season like 1994-95? Or is this going to turn into another entire lost season like 2004-05? It just isn't right and in my opinion everyone involved shares equally in the blame.

Boo

Posts: 5575 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
All I have to say is that this is just plain wrong on so many levels. We should all be licking our chops right about now at the anticipation of the new hockey season. Instead, here we are wondering if there is even going to be a season. Is this going to be another shortened season like 1994-95? Or is this going to turn into another entire lost season like 2004-05? It just isn't right and in my opinion everyone involved shares equally in the blame.

Boo

Unlike in 2004 this time I think the owners are way out of line. I can see a 50/50 split of the whatever the HRR is, but to ask the players to give anything more is just too bad in my opinion. The owners called the shots last time and now they are unhappy with the results. My heart doesn't bleed for them in the slightest.
My personal feeling right now is that there will be a lock out and it will be a lengthy one.

Posts: 5100 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
Still have games on my DVR from last year's tourney, marked Sept 10th and 11th. Thumbs Down

Posts: 5422 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kc1313:
After reading the latest article from Yahoo
Sprts / NHL my opinion on Buttman has taken on a whole different level. I loved the comments from Ryan Miller. He slammed Buttman but good.

Posts: 5100 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post