community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Ryder Cup
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ryder Cup Login/Join

All Star
posted
Totally into the whole experience and watched most of the action for all three days. I must say in the last hour it was as if I was watching a game 7 of a ranger playoff series. My stomach was all in knots. I could care less about watching football this weekend. I was so into this cup match. I won't get into anything specifically unless this thread strikes a nerve and it gets responses. I don't even play golf anymore. Maybe once or twice a year.

Posts: 5798 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
NYR16

Europe put every chip and putt in the whole, I mean 40 footers, it was nuts! I am so upset with this! I only played 5 rounds this year myself! I still can't believe we lost this Ryder Cup!

Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jagr7711:
NYR16

Europe put every chip and putt in the whole, I mean 40 footers, it was nuts! I am so upset with this!

No question, but we helped them out big time. Not only did we choke on the putts ( Furyk and Stricker ), but the shot making into the greens on 17 and 18 that forced Phil, Jim and Steve to have long putts and chips killed us. I wasn't too happy seeing Phil cheer Justin Rose on after he made all those putts on 16, 17, and 18. Phil was acting as if we had the cup in the bag. Didn't like that show of sportsmanship one bit. The biggest disappointment I had was not seeing Stricker halve his match against Kaymer. Woods was one hole ahead of the Italian in the last match going to the 18th and it sure would have set the stage for unbelievable drama. Just wasn't meant to be.

Posts: 5798 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
Yeah I agree the Mick man should have not been rooting him on. I realize they play together (PGA) but your competing. Also as you explained it looks like Mic felt they had it in the bag, and you should never start celebrating until the fat lady sings!!!

Very disappointing!!

On the other hand it was a great comeback, just would have been nice to see the US doing it!

Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post