community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Doan Stays w/ Phoenix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doan Stays w/ Phoenix Login/Join

All Star
posted
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/...-212019958--nhl.html

Not a problem for me. I don't want him taking up space for one of the younger guns to play.

Posts: 3808 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 5269 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of mikemart
posted Hide Post
Phew!!!!! Yuk dodged a bullet on that one...

Posts: 1007 | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
I'm glad. Blow Up we did not really need him better to keep on the path with our young guys.I hope the young ones get good mentoring with this labor management bullkrap going on. Laugh2

Posts: 911 | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
Sorry but I disagree. I don’t see how he would hurt the youth movement at all. First of all any young guys that are ready for the NHL on the Rangers will be playing this season (if there is a season). Adding a guy like Doan would be a great piece of the puzzle after we signed Nash. You need guys like him on he ice and in the locker room to help the young guys that are playing and he would have been a big plus for the Rangers.

I for one am sorry we didn’t sign him.

Posts: 5265 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
Even though the terms of what Doan wanted was a bit much(4 years and I forget how many million per), he would have been a great addition to the Rangers. At 35 yrs old, he is still productive, durable, plays a hard-nosed physical style, can score and kill penalties, and is a great rold model for the young players. The addition of Doan AND Rick Nash on the Rangers would have made us a more potent team from last season and put us in a very good position for making a run at the Cup. Unfortunately, none of that matters now since we have no hockey.

Thumbs Down

Posts: 5968 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
Even though the terms of what Doan wanted was a bit much(4 years and I forget how many million per), he would have been a great addition to the Rangers. At 35 yrs old, he is still productive, durable, plays a hard-nosed physical style, can score and kill penalties, and is a great rold model for the young players. The addition of Doan AND Rick Nash on the Rangers would have made us a more potent team from last season and put us in a very good position for making a run at the Cup. Unfortunately, none of that matters now since we have no hockey.

Thumbs Down

I'm with RR and Tony on this one. I think most of us felt he was going to stay with the Yotes. I think it was Slapper who pointed out it was going to be a family decision.

Posts: 5576 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post