community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Prospects
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prospects Login/Join

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted
I'm very interested to see which of our youngsters has a legit shot at cracking the lineup this year. The first name that comes to mind is JT Miller. It seems that he would be the player most ready to take the next step.

Posts: 5564 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
i also like JT Miller and i also like marek hrivik and mcilrath.
all three show promise of breaking into the line up this year and next as well as each of them bring something different to the table.

Posts: 2847 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
i also like JT Miller and i also like marek hrivik and mcilrath.
all three show promise of breaking into the line up this year and next as well as each of them bring something different to the table.

I don't believe McIlrath is NHL ready at this point (but hopefully he will be sometime soon) and I don't know much about Hrivik. But with the departure of Anisimov and Dubinsky, I'd like to see at least one of our youngsters make the team.

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
mcilrath has made strides in his progress and so has hrivik.
don't know if it will be this year with the short camp coming up but we will definitely be seeing them in the near future.

but once again i agree with you on us needing at least one young surprise with the loss of dubinski, arty and prust.

Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
IMO, based on what I've read and the few CT games I watched online....

Miller is headed to CT. I liked the way he played a WJC (always around the goal), but he didn't light it up against men in the AHL, CT was the plan regardless. As per reports from NHL Home Ice, he's improving fast and could be called later in the season.

McIlrath will most likely spend the year in CT. Coming off knee surgery, he's only played a few minor league games-and was thrown out of a couple of them. His fights with The Whale are at hockeyfights.com.

Although probably having a spot with the big club, Kreider's offensive production in CT was weak, as was Christian Thomas'. I assume Kreider will benefit from better skilled players around him.

Ryan Borque has become a checking forward. The Rangers have those on hand, and if another is needed, Kris Newbury probably gets the first shot.

Free agent Kyle Jean has been one of the better rookies on The Whale, but with the shortened season, we may not see many call-ups.

Still no top goaltending prospects in the system.

Posts: 2558 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
IMO, based on what I've read and the few CT games I watched online....

Miller is headed to CT. I liked the way he played a WJC (always around the goal), but he didn't light it up against men in the AHL, CT was the plan regardless. As per reports from NHL Home Ice, he's improving fast and could be called later in the season.

McIlrath will most likely spend the year in CT. Coming off knee surgery, he's only played a few minor league games-and was thrown out of a couple of them. His fights with The Whale are at hockeyfights.com.

Although probably having a spot with the big club, Kreider's offensive production in CT was weak, as was Christian Thomas'. I assume Kreider will benefit from better skilled players around him.

Ryan Borque has become a checking forward. The Rangers have those on hand, and if another is needed, Kris Newbury probably gets the first shot.

Free agent Kyle Jean has been one of the better rookies on The Whale, but with the shortened season, we may not see many call-ups.

Still no top goaltending prospects in the system.

the goaltending prospects are a bit of a concern.
i know and certainly hope hank will be around for a good while yet and it would be hard to keep a hot goaltending prospect on ice for the duration of hanks career but in that area we are definitely weak.

but with hank and a solid back up in biron hopefully we will not have to worry about that for a while.

great goaltenders do not come around very often.

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
the goaltending prospects are a bit of a concern.
i know and certainly hope hank will be around for a good while yet and it would be hard to keep a hot goaltending prospect on ice for the duration of hanks career but in that area we are definitely weak.

but with hank and a solid back up in biron hopefully we will not have to worry about that for a while.

great goaltenders do not come around very often.

Probably the biggest weakness in the Rangers farm system is the lack of a potential NHL-caliber goaltender. None of our current goaltending prospects are anything to write home about. Granted, Hank will be around for a while so it's nothing to panic about. But still, it's always good to have a viable Plan B just in case something happens.