community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Official Game Thread: NYR vs Boston, 1/19/2013, 7pm, MSG
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official Game Thread: NYR vs Boston, 1/19/2013, 7pm, MSG Login/Join

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
I decided to take 2 months before I buy anything from the NHL. Maybe it's petty, but they won't have my hard earned money right away. No games, no jerseys, no sports illustrated preview, I'm a junkie and ill watch the games, but I can't get myself to blow money on these selfish prix until maybe the playoffs.

Posts: 5268 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
Picture of RedWhiteBlue75
posted Hide Post
It's about time... bring it on! Boxing

Posts: 712 | Registered: October 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RZ Bure:
I decided to take 2 months before I buy anything from the NHL. Maybe it's petty, but they won't have my hard earned money right away. No games, no jerseys, no sports illustrated preview, I'm a junkie and ill watch the games, but I can't get myself to blow money on these selfish prix until maybe the playoffs.

The S.I. preview? Way back when I used to wait for the THN preview, which was quite thorough. Do they even put out a print edition of The Hockey News these days?

I was reading an S.I. in a doctor's office recently. The magazine felt a pamphlet compared to the ones I got subscritions for as a kid. That was a yearly birthday present, as well as a THN subscription. Still don't know whether to love or hate the internet.

Posts: 2605 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
Picture of Gravy09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RZ Bure:

I already bought four tickets. For $75 I scored a family 4-pack of vouchers to any CT Whale game this year. I take the entire family including my two young girls to a Rangers game every year. This year, it'll have to be the Whale. I'm not rewarding either side with the hard-earned money I can scrape together for a game.

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
I can understand where many of you along with KC are coming from when you feel that you will boycott the NHL by not going to games or not spending your hard earned money to the NHL.

But there are many, many fans like my self that nothing like a lock out can keep me away from going to MSG to watch the greatest game in all of sports along with the greatest fans in all of sports, who live and die for the NY Rangers. It's the only game in town for me. And on Sunday Night at MSG there will 18,200 Ranger Fans that feel the same way I do. Yes I can still say I am a die hard fan and instead of spending my money I will stay home and watch all the games on TV. And I will not take issue with any of you that feel that way. But I will say that there is no way in the world that watching a Ranger Game on TV can in any compare to being at a Ranger game at MSG especially on opening night. Being at MSG on Sunday will be electric and the place will be rocking. I love going to games and I love being around Die Hard Ranger Fans, and there is no place like MSG.

I have no use for Gary A Hole Bettman, but me staying home to show that will mean nothing. Why? because you are talking about Ranger Fans, not FishStick or SwampRat fans, the place will always sell out and the die hard blue seater's will always go to games no matter what. The excitement of opening night at a Ranger Game is the best there is compared to any NY Franchise in any sport.

LETS GO RANGERS Hockey

Posts: 5264 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
posted Hide Post
Every ticket bought is just another way of saying "Great Job Gary" and giving him a pat on the back. I guess things aren't going to change anytime soon. In a couple years you'll get to buy tickets to see the Rangers play the Las Vegas AHLers and the Quebec Pussays. Enjoy.

Bring back the WHA!!!!

Posts: 5632 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyG:
I can understand where many of you along with KC are coming from when you feel that you will boycott the NHL by not going to games or not spending your hard earned money to the NHL.

But there are many, many fans like my self that nothing like a lock out can keep me away from going to MSG to watch the greatest game in all of sports along with the greatest fans in all of sports, who live and die for the NY Rangers. It's the only game in town for me. And on Sunday Night at MSG there will 18,200 Ranger Fans that feel the same way I do. Yes I can still say I am a die hard fan and instead of spending my money I will stay home and watch all the games on TV. And I will not take issue with any of you that feel that way. But I will say that there is no way in the world that watching a Ranger Game on TV can in any compare to being at a Ranger game at MSG especially on opening night. Being at MSG on Sunday will be electric and the place will be rocking. I love going to games and I love being around Die Hard Ranger Fans, and there is no place like MSG.

I have no use for Gary A Hole Bettman, but me staying home to show that will mean nothing. Why? because you are talking about Ranger Fans, not FishStick or SwampRat fans, the place will always sell out and the die hard blue seater's will always go to games no matter what. The excitement of opening night at a Ranger Game is the best there is compared to any NY Franchise in any sport.

LETS GO RANGERS Hockey

Doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with the above, but I will say that was the best
post I've ever read from Tony.

Posts: 5571 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
quote:

LETS GO RANGERS Hockey

Doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with the above, but I will say that was the best

You do realize Tony has a b/w television, right?

Still waiting for the annual T.G. start of the season post.

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Haha

Posts: 5268 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
quote:
quote:

LETS GO RANGERS Hockey

You will be happy to know Paulzzy I got rid of the 13" round B&W and bought a new 18" square B&W TV, sound is great but I have trouble with the Rabbit Ears. Head Bang and the black puck shows up much better then on the round 13" Nyah

I am saving my start of the season post for after Sundays game at MSG when all those punks will be wearing Cindy the Cry Baby Crosby Jersey's. Last year there was a couple sitting in front of me with those Jersey's and I asked them where they were from, and get this. They said Montreal. Can you imagine that. Montreal!!! A Holes all of them. Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TonyG,

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
Ok my fellow Blueshirts, at long last it's finally time to drop the puck and get this show on the road. I am so looking forward to the start of this season. Let's start things off right by beating Boston and then we can take care of ****tsburgh tommorow. LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

Hockey

Posts: 5967 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
Every ticket bought is just another way of saying "Great Job Gary" and giving him a pat on the back. I guess things aren't going to change anytime soon. In a couple years you'll get to buy tickets to see the Rangers play the Las Vegas AHLers and the Quebec Pussays. Enjoy.

Bring back the WHA!!!!
I have to say KC you are showing me that you really don't know what Die Hard Ranger or Hockey Fans are all about.

Are you aware that the Die Hard Ranger Fans who have season tickets or mini plans left their money with MSG throughout the lockout without giving it a second thought. And that's true throughout the NHL. We could care less, all we want is hockey. And the money we lost during the lock out will be put toward next seasons tickets.

This is the only game in town for us Die Hard Ranger Fans and there is no in between. Now I can understand many fans just can't afford to shell out that money or choose not to. But for you to try and make it look like we are all fools to do so, proves to me you haven't got a clue what Die Hard Ranger and Hockey Fans all over the NHL are all about.Confused

Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
quote:
quote:

LETS GO RANGERS Hockey

You will be happy to know Paulzzy I got rid of the 13" round B&W and bought a new 18" square B&W TV, sound is great but I have trouble with the Rabbit Ears. Head Bang and the black puck shows up much better then on the round 13" Nyah

I am saving my start of the season post for after Sundays game at MSG when all those punks will be wearing Cindy the Cry Baby Crosby Jersey's. Last year there was a couple sitting in front of me with those Jersey's and I asked them where they were from, and get this. They said Montreal. Can you imagine that. Montreal!!! A Holes all of them. Mad

And you didn't make their "Garden experience" miserable? They were probably from Pittsburgh and being sarcastic. You know what to do next time. You know what to do......

I used to watch the Rangers on a 13" b/w on channel 9. Use some foil on those rabbit ears! Chuckle

Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
Game day has finally arrived! Lets see some New York Rangers Hockey!

Posts: 1134 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
is anyone else really jacked up? LET'S GO RANGERS!

Posts: 3808 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post