community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Official Game Thread: NYR vs Boston, 1/19/2013, 7pm, MSG
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official Game Thread: NYR vs Boston, 1/19/2013, 7pm, MSG Login/Join

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
I will say this...Crosby is healthy again.
If the Rangers get caught watching him and Malkin and Neal, it's going to be over FAST.
The Rangers need to do to the Penguins what Boston did to them: take the body HARD.
If the Rangers do that and score a few goals, it's a win. The Penguins cannot be given any room to do their thing.

Posts: 10171 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RZ Bure:
I don't think speed hurt us tonight, but size.

The question I have is this. Should I listen to RR and just blow this game off or should I be concerned that this ranger team won't have the sandpaper that last year's ranger team had. Other than Bickle who was a turnover machine tonight, the rangers d-men did a decent job. Our forwards were horrible. I can't name one player who actually stood out other than nash who impressed me when he took the puck to the net. Quite impressive! I heard that Rupp's knee is fine. Was that to imply that his game is going to be? Not tonight. Listen, you can't lose Dubi, Mitchell, Feds, Arte, and Prust and not have it affect your team. This team will take some time to jell, but let me say that Bickle, despite him giving the puck away numerous times, is the biggest deterrent we have to keep the opposition honest. Rupp is
way past his prime. That leaves just two guys who can drop the gloves and win a fight. Hopefully, Asham doesn't turn into another Rupp. Tony, don't remind me again that Prust never won a fight. Not now. We lost the heart and soul of the rangers. Admit it. Besides Nash, I think halpern was a good find. The rangers were just out played tonight. Tomorrow is another day. I'm listening to ya, RR.

Posts: 5901 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
Tomorrow is another day. I'm listening to ya, RR.

Good man. But I think you make a valid point about the dynamics of the Rangers changing a bit from last season with the change of personnel. The Rangers will still be good this season, and I think they will be very good in fact. Different, but good. Let's not forget that the first few games of the season are basically exhibition games that will count. The short season is going to make the NHL a little chaotic this year on all fronts. The key to the Rangers success this year is to find our footing sooner rather than later and improve upon what we did last year.

Posts: 6177 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
quote:
Originally posted by RZ Bure:
I don't think speed hurt us tonight, but size.

The question I have is this. Should I listen to RR and just blow this game off or should I be concerned that this ranger team won't have the sandpaper that last year's ranger team had. Other than Bickle who was a turnover machine tonight, the rangers d-men did a decent job. Our forwards were horrible. I can't name one player who actually stood out other than nash who impressed me when he took the puck to the net. Quite impressive! I heard that Rupp's knee is fine. Was that to imply that his game is going to be? Not tonight. Listen, you can't lose Dubi, Mitchell, Feds, Arte, and Prust and not have it affect your team. This team will take some time to jell, but let me say that Bickle, despite him giving the puck away numerous times, is the biggest deterrent we have to keep the opposition honest. Rupp is
way past his prime. That leaves just two guys who can drop the gloves and win a fight. Hopefully, Asham doesn't turn into another Rupp. Tony, don't remind me again that Prust never won a fight. Not now. We lost the heart and soul of the rangers. Admit it. Besides Nash, I think halpern was a good find. The rangers were just out played tonight. Tomorrow is another day. I'm listening to ya, RR.

I share your concerns, but it has been one game, on the road, and with a short training camp. And Boston is a good team. Lets see how they bounce back tomorrow. Under Torts the Rangers have always been very resilient, hopefully tomorrow is another bounce back W.

Posts: 1173 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Here is why we lost. Stupid penalties. Hags 19 seconds in. Boyle while we are on the PP plus an extra 2 for yapping. Nash, hooking just after we ****ed on a 5 on 3. Hags again in the 3rd period. All good calls, all stupid penalties that changes the momentum.
Also, other than Nash, Gabby, Richards and maybe Cally, the rest of our forwards were invisible. Its only one game, so we will see what happens tomorrow night.
By the way, i think Bickel will be sitting and Gilroy will be in the lineup.
Also, maybe Krieder switches with Hags to the first line

Posts: 1393 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
We couldn't get out of our own zone, we were slow and sloppy and had no puck control most of the game. Bruins were much more ready to play then the Rangers. That may be because from what I read during the lock out, the Bruins had more players playing in Europe then any other team in the NHL during the lock out.

I watched quite a few games besides the Ranger Game and most games were slow and sloppy. This is to be expected and there is no need to panic. The Flyer Pens game was the same way, sloppy and slow, you could see that many players were not game ready. Rangers did not look game ready.

I think they will be prepared to go all out tonight at MSG, but will they be game ready? Don't blame the Rangers or the players, blame the NHL and the lock out. All teams are in the same boat, so there are no excuses for any teams. Torts will wake them up and MSG will wake them up tonight. I can't wait for tonight's game, and I think you will see a different Ranger Team tonight at the Garden.

LETS GO RANGERS

Posts: 5566 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
and like someone else said with almost a mminute and half on a two man advantage, come on we gotta bury that. we were not the better team tonight but we had our chance to get back in.

Posts: 3828 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
First game, but some things that cause problems don't change. The endless line combo changes, which played a part in a Boston goal, Kreider came off the ice and no one was ready to come on, created a 5 on 4 situation. Speaking of Kreider, I wonder if torts will actually give him a decent chance to succeed, or will he just play head games with him?? Del Zotto, not comfortable playing the right side, but still getting put over there. Hockey 101, you're the center, you lose the faceoff, what do you do? You stay with your check, the opposing center, not if your Brad Richards, all ready taking the lead for the anti-Selke.
Same old NHL, as well, poor officiating taking over a game where the officials didn't need to be noticed.

Tony, in regards to your comment about money for tickets, you don't have a problem with giving a billionaire a 6month, interest free loan? That doesn't bother you? Keep buying tickets if you want, but then I think you should stop complaining about Bettman, and don't complain during the next work stoppage. It's kinda like Congress, rolling along with a %10 approval rating, but then watching the same old losers get re-elected, time after time.

Posts: 5717 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
2 other things, uninformed MSG telecast, as usual. The Chris Kreider, 18 playoff games played before regular season debut, possibly a record, but I don't even have to look it up, the previous record was more than 4 games played. I think they were referencing the previous record of 4 goals scored, how do you confuse goals and games, and how does no one pick up on it?
Moment of the night, Greg Campbell getting bloodied by Bickel. I've always hated Colin Campbell vicariously through his son, so I enjoyed that fight a whole bunch.

Posts: 5717 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d3xd3x:
and like someone else said with almost a mminute and half on a two man advantage, come on we gotta bury that. we were not the better team tonight but we had our chance to get back in.

i would normally agree with that but boston was the 4th best defensive team last year and pretty much have the same exact team on the ice.

it had just as much as boston doing a good job defensively as it did with the rangers doing a poor job on offense.

the rangers passing was off the entire game and they really had no flow as well as did not play to their potential and committed way too many penalty's.

i think this team will be fine and it is just gonna take a few games to settle in and get back into game shape.
every team is going to go through the same thing and even though boston played well they will not be exempt from that as well.

i would like to believe when the rangers get home and play in front of their crowd with the new digs they will be all fired up for beat down of cindy loo hoo.

Posts: 3342 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
2 other things, uninformed MSG telecast, as usual. The Chris Kreider, 18 playoff games played before regular season debut, possibly a record, but I don't even have to look it up, the previous record was more than 4 games played. I think they were referencing the previous record of 4 goals scored, how do you confuse goals and games, and how does no one pick up on it?
Moment of the night, Greg Campbell getting bloodied by Bickel. I've always hated Colin Campbell vicariously through his son, so I enjoyed that fight a whole bunch.

KC, to comment on the "how does no one pick up on it", a lot of times in any type of sporting news, when they screw up, they just let it pass even though the right thing to do is to correct it afterwards. Don't get too worked up over egregious TV mistakes because they happen all the time. My buddy works at espn and whenever I find some mistake on their articles and especially on TV, I take a picture and send it to him just to bust his chops. The most recent example, I saw on sportscenter, they spelled Pau Gasol, PAUL Gasol, which is a terrible mistake. If anyone follows NBA, Gasol is a very famous player.

Posts: 3828 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slapper:
[

i would normally agree with that but boston was the 4th best defensive team last year and pretty much have the same exact team on the ice.

Good point. Familiarity spells fast post lockout
starts. Maybe there should be an asterisk after all.

Posts: 5901 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post