community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Avery officially retires
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avery officially retires Login/Join

Spectator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jagr7711:
PG67, I am not new here, I just changed screen names. I have been her a long time. In-fact my friend set up this site. I am also a long time Rangers season ticket holder and a Ranger fan since 1979!

I know who you are and 1940, Tony RZ etc.

I did not start this! And I did not want to go this route, but I took to much **** from these guys and I am not about to sit here and take it.

He called me a Nit wit jerk etc and it is he who has disrespect for people. I do not go around calling people names etc.

They have started the trouble and if I have to end it, I will!!!

PG I agree its not adult like, but what should I do. They start trouble over nothing and keep doing it, I have looked the other way many times , I am here to talk Hockey not deal with childish ********!!

Again, I think they need to go!

Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
Whether its on the ice or on this board, Avery always made things interesting. Even though he is retired, I do not think this is the last we will hear about him.

Posts: 1128 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Ah...my bad. I thought you were new, Jagr. I didn't realize that you just changed screen names.

Well...the spirit of my message still stands, but hey, everyone has a different approach. Do what you need to do. But I'll end with this: they're just words on the screen. Nobody really knows each other all too well. Let's just all try to get along and try to find the common ground within our differences. Do you feel that that's possible?

That's my two cents. The rest is up to you guys.

Posts: 10030 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
Sorry Biz have to disagree, I think he is done in the NHL! And as a player to me yes he made us play a bit better here and there, but he really did not have much influence as a player such as Glen Anderson or Adam Graves. I am making this point cause you guy talk about him as he was this great player and your in titled to your opinion, I just happen to disagree with it.

I did not hate him, just don't think he is worth a conversation!

Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jagr7711:
I said this in June that I was NYR35,

It's okay Jagr. Getting older has a way with one's mind.

Posts: 5535 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry Biz have to disagree, I think he is done in the NHL! And as a player to me yes he made us play a bit better here and there, but he really did not have much influence as a player such as Glen Anderson or Adam Graves. I am making this point cause you guy talk about him as he was this great player and your in titled to your opinion, I just happen to disagree with it.

I did not hate him, just don't think he is worth a conversation!

Avery may very well have played his last NHL game, but I would not be surprised if his names pops up at the deadline or next offseason at some point. I also wouldn't be surprised if he makes the news for something non-hockey related. They guy seems to be a lightning rod for that type of thing.

As for Avery retiring not being worth the conversation, I agree, but yet here we are 3 pages deep in a thread conversing about the guy. This isn't even the first time Ranger fans are saying their goodbyes, its like the 4th time.

Posts: 1128 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of mikemart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biz1006:
Whether its on the ice or on this board, Avery always made things interesting. Even though he is retired, I do not think this is the last we will hear about him.

I would agree with that...

http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2...oppy-engagments.html

Posts: 1002 | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Ive said this before....I loved Avery when he was here the first go around, but he dug his own grave. He was responsible for his own actions, noone else

Posts: 1296 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
Really this is a forced retirement, no team is going to give this sideshow a chance, he burned every bridge he possibly could have in his career, and no one in their right mind would stick their neck out for him. He could have been a good, contributing 3rd liner, but was more focused on being an Yhole and seeing what kind of reactions he could get. Goodbye and good riddance.

Posts: 5620 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PG67:
To Jagr7711,

If most of us are adults here, then it is our responsibility to manage our own emotions and manage HOW we react/respond to others.

But to threaten to have people kicked off here? C'mon, man. You can do better than that. Either come up with a good retort or simply ignore what you don't like. You don't HAVE to engage with people here if you don't want to.

Also...you're fairly new here. Some guys like NYRfan16 have been here for a long time. It often takes a while to get to know people here (as much as we can, anonymously) - to know what they mean and don't mean, their emotional tone, their moods etc. We're complex creatures. We're usually not one way all the time. We have many aspects to these personalities.

My suggestion would be to just chill - and choose to have the patience to let peoples' characters be revealed to you. But to over-react and threaten some of us with being kicked off? Again...you can make a better choice than that.
And THAT, my friend, is being a real "adult".

Cheers,

Cheers

- Paul

This guy is a total loser and an idiot. And a pansy as well. Go get your girlfriends to ban me from the board. Keep hiding behind multiple screen names. Apologize to you? First you said I wouldn't say those things to your face ( and I told you that I would), now you run like a girl to the board moderators, threaten people and demand apologies? Get lost you "Flammer" (BTW the derogatory term you're trying to use is "flamer"- and I'm guessing there's something in the terms of use against ****phobic slurs).

You add nothing factual nor entertaining to this board at all. Getting someone banned who has been around a lot longer than you would probably lose you any respect the other posters have for you- which is ZERO. So go ahead make my day. Then think up another new screen name for yourself. And make it girly, you Nancy!

BTW- alerting the moderator and being a season ticket holder are 2 totally different things. There's no way you can be a season ticket holder and as clueless as you are about hockey.

Posts: 2595 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
And by the way since you know who and where all of us are, why don't you tell your friend to give you my address and come ring my bell? I dare you.

Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind everyone -bow down to this tool or he'll get his friends to ban you. Cheer

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
KC, Did he ever come out and say he way openly gay?

I think he is no doubt a Flammer lmao

Just a matter of time. Actually, I'm surprised Avery hasn't done it already since coming out of the closet seems to be the "in" thing to do nowadays. Whatever. All I know is that Avery is no longer a Ranger and it's time that we stop talking about him. Let's focus on the NY Rangers and the upcoming season, assuming that there will be one.

Posts: 5930 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
Keep in mind everyone -bow down to this tool or he'll get his friends to ban you. Cheer

Like I said earlier....if he wanted to ban everyone that didnt like him, he would have noone else to talk to on these boards.
I gave up a long time ago trying to have a conversation with him.
He claims to be 40 years old, but acts like a 10 year old

Posts: 1296 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of mikemart
posted Hide Post
Message board mafia at it again.

Posts: 1002 | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post