community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Bruins -vs- Rangers 1/23/13 thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bruins -vs- Rangers 1/23/13 thread Login/Join

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Idk that Nash is 100 percent. Obviously, his hands are fine but with a shoulder injury, I need to see him elevate a wristwatch over a goalie. The 3 he scored tonight were all hands, all down by the net.

Posts: 5322 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
You meant to say Gaborik, right?

By the way...
The Rangers have recalled center Kris Newbury, per the AHL web site. Newbury could be recalled because of Arron Asham’s questionable status after he missed tonight’s game with a mild groin strain.

If Asham's out, Newbury's a grinder with some edge - a good choice against the Flyers.

Kreider might get sent down. He played very few minutes in the 2nd & 3rd. Torts said they need to be careful with him and some discussion will be had about keeping him up here or not.

Posts: 10063 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
I think Tort's is right about Kreider, so if sending him back to the Whale is what it takes to improve his game, then they should do it. He has the potential to be a real good player for us for a long time, so better to be far sighted and not take chances on ruining his confidence.

Bringing up Newbury makes sense for Philly, but what about Kolarik? He seems to be healthy now and playing well. Maybe they should give him a shot?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delneggs:
I think Tort's is right about Kreider, so if sending him back to the Whale is what it takes to improve his game, then they should do it. He has the potential to be a real good player for us for a long time, so better to be far sighted and not take chances on ruining his confidence.

Bringing up Newbury makes sense for Philly, but what about Kolarik? He seems to be healthy now and playing well. Maybe they should give him a shot?

Funny you should mention him.
He was just traded.

quote:

The Rangers have made their first trade of the 2013 season, though they didn’t ship off anybody on their NHL roster.

The Rangers have acquired 25-year-old Benn Ferriero from the Penguins for center Chad Kolarik, who missed all of last season with a knee injury and has 16 goals, 19 assists in 41 games this season for Connecticut (AHL).

Ferriero has been assigned to the Whale.

Ferriero, who played four years at Boston College from 2005-09, is 5-foot-11, 185 pounds and has played 92 NHL games with the Sharks after being the Coyotes’ seventh-round pick in 2006. This season, he has four goals, 14 assists in 34 games for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (AHL) and in 2011-12 had seven goals and one assist in 35 games for the Sharks.

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
I guess that answers my question. Do you know anything about this kid?

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
No, I know nothing about him.
I just looked him up on YouTube. A few scraps...quick to stick up for his teammates.

A few goals here and there.
Here's one.

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Kolarik was leading the Whale in scoring and going to the all star game, so it would make sense this kid is a pretty good prospect if they swap them one for one...at least I hope so. I guess we will find out.

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Kolarik's numbers are better; so perhaps it's the "intangibles" that made them pull the trigger on Ferriero. We'll see.