community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Rangers and Pens official Game Thread 1/20/13
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rangers and Pens official Game Thread 1/20/13 Login/Join

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted
OK since I won't be on the rest of the day I will start the Thread. As I said in the Boston Game Thread the Rangers were not game ready. I don't think that is going to change much for tonight's game as far as being 100% game ready, but the Rangers will be much more aware and ready to play at MSG then they were last night.

MSG will be rocking and the electricity at MSG will be off the charts. It's up to this Ranger Team to keep us fans in the game and make home ice the advantage what it should be at MSG. It will be extremely important for the Rangers to score first. Once this crowed gets it going it will be a plus for this Ranger Team. This Ranger team has to come out hard and they have to know they owe that to their fans. Win or lose, they need to show a 60 min, 100% effort just like the Bruins did for their fans.

They need to play a physical game and hit Cindy every time he has the puck. They also have to get the puck to Nash a lot more then they did last night. D has to be stronger in their zone, and the Power Play has to score. The most important part of this Ranger season has to be the power play. We have the horses, we have to make sure the produce and produce fast. Hockey

LETS GO RANGERS Thumbs Up

Posts: 5368 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
We score first, the roof of the house will go off, and we win the game. LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!! Hockey

Posts: 3810 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
Picture of zema
posted Hide Post
I just want to see Crybaby bleed .... go rangers

Posts: 588 | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Carryover from last night, still no chemistry and shaky d

Posts: 5323 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted Hide Post
Asham kicked Glass' azz

Posts: 445 | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Henrik has been shaky, I hope he gets his groove back.

Posts: 5323 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
After the first period.

Positives:

I like the way Nash is using his body.

Tayler Pyatt is looking like he's going to fit in quite well with this team.

Excellent fight in the first: Asham/Glass

============================================
Negatives:

The Rangers seem to getting outhit in their OWN ZONE!!! They need to get more physical in a mean way, not just light hits.

Running around a little bit in the offensive zone. Not enough of a steady net presence.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PG67,

Posts: 10063 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
============================================
Negatives:

The Rangers seem to getting outhit in their OWN ZONE!!! They need to get more physical in a mean way, not just light hits.

There are rebounds to be had. Let's go

Posts: 3810 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
WOW this game blindsided me.

oh well, better luck on wed.

i really hope that the rangers are playing that bad and not the penguins are that good because it will be a long year.

it is almost embarrassing to how bad they played last night and how much worse they are tonight.

Posts: 3235 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted Hide Post
too little too late. they need to throw the preseason predictions away and play harder

Posts: 445 | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRiceman:
Asham kicked Glass' azz

Hmm.

The turning point in this game was due to another poor decision by Bickel in his own zone on the goal by kennedy. Boyle must had a few shots in between periods. He's covering Neal and decides to go join the puck on the other
side leaving Neal wide open and Girardi out to dry. Did anyone else besides me thought kreider was in trouble right before the hit? Hopefully it will be a lesson learned without injury. Took the hit right on his jaw, but a good and clean hit none the less.

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
as god awful as it was to watch i think this is the best thing to happen to them thus far.

the team and the fans have been too full of themselves myself included and last night and tonight shows us that we need to get back to the basics in what gave us success last year.

they talk how tight they are as a group but they allow the other teams to have their way with them and they need to start sticking up for each other more.
all the off season practice seems to have been a detriment because you can not get game quality practice when you play against your teammates.

you can clearly see they are not adjusted to hitting and taking the body.

i think the final straw for me was when krieder got laid out by orpik.
the hit was totally clean and krieder made a complete rookie mistake but i don't see no need to lay some wood on someone with less then a minute to go in a easy win.

the thing that got me was no one jumped orpik and whether justified or not it should have been done.

maybe we will see the team and torts stop taking turns at jerking each other off with all the we are a close bunch and i missed the guys crap and get back to business.

one thing for certain is it will show them no matter how hard you worked last year and how good you were it don't mean squat this year and you will have to work even harder now because everyone will be coming at you harder.

if this team does achieve success this year it will be because of the way they are playing now and it will serve as a wake up call to remind them of what they got to do which is shut up, get back to work and put your money where your mouth is.

Posts: 3235 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slapper:

i think the final straw for me was when krieder got laid out by orpik.
the hit was totally clean and krieder made a complete rookie mistake but i don't see no need to lay some wood on someone with less then a minute to go in a easy win.

I see your point, but kreider had it coming. What the heck was he doing skating a zillion miles an hour in that situation. I'm glad the rangers didn't go after orpik. What they will do is how hockey was played in the old days. Expect someone to go after Orpik the next time they play. Unfortunately the likely candidates will be Asham or Rupp. Here's hoping it's Asham instead of Rupp. I prefer the player to be Bickel, but he plays defense.

Posts: 5678 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
Another sloppy game with bad penalties and too many turnovers. Puck possession and the offense looked a little better than Saturday, but still not good. This team looks like they need a few practices to get some chemistry on both ends of the ice. Team defense has been surprisingly bad. How many times did the Rangers allow 5 goals last year? Not very often.

Posts: 1147 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of Ritcher35
posted Hide Post
ALL THE RANGER HYPE IS KILLING THIS TEAM!! THEY ARENT THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR.

THEY MISS PRUST.. HE WAS A SPARK PLUG FOR THIS TEAM. HE WOULDNT ALLOW SOME OF THE BS TO HAPPEN OUT THERE.

RUPP LOOKS AWFUL... JUST AWFUL. HE CANT KEEP UP WITH THE PLAY.

Posts: 1086 | Registered: November 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post