community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    DelZotto
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DelZotto Login/Join

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRiceman:
Next year mcdonaugh, stepan, and hagelin will be RFA's and due a raise. According to cap geek the team will have 6,883,333 in cap space next year minus whatever DZ gets for a salary this year. Sauer will also be an RFA but considering he won't play this year I would assume that would be a non issue. Eminger and Halpern would be UFA's but that also should be a non issue, they could be replaced for equal or even resigned for the same since they aren't top quality players to begin with. It will be tight unless Slats can get rid of Rupp and save some money there.I think whatever he gives DZ he would be better to get as many years as reasonable without being too long term. the kid is 22 and should only get better thereby demanding more money down the road.If Redden gets bought out it gives Slats another 5,600,000 in cap space next year so he is in pretty good shape

are you going by what we have available now after signing dizzy?

if so the cap is dropping 6 mil in itself next year.

Posts: 3178 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted Hide Post
Go to capgeek.com/rangers they have it all broken down. it doesn't account for DZ because he isn't signed yet. It does show Redden's cap hit though, and with it we are at 57,416,672 next year. that puts us 6,883,333 below the cap next year. buyout Redden and we are 12,483,333. below the cap. Of course you have to subtract whatever DZ gets, then pay McDonaugh, Stepan, and Hagelin, and either replace Eminger and Halpern with players from Ct. or free agents, but there appears to be money to handle those moves.the only way the money would be tight would be if you gave all 4 of the kids 3 million each, and I don't think all 4 have earned that yet.

Posts: 445 | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRiceman:
Go to capgeek.com/rangers they have it all broken down. it doesn't account for DZ because he isn't signed yet. It does show Redden's cap hit though, and with it we are at 57,416,672 next year. that puts us 6,883,333 below the cap next year. buyout Redden and we are 12,483,333. below the cap. Of course you have to subtract whatever DZ gets, then pay McDonaugh, Stepan, and Hagelin, and either replace Eminger and Halpern with players from Ct. or free agents, but there appears to be money to handle those moves.the only way the money would be tight would be if you gave all 4 of the kids 3 million each, and I don't think all 4 have earned that yet.

if stephan has a great year and finally proves what he can do he will be asking for that kind of money and mac D after how he played last year will surely be getting the same money as stalsy and girardi if he has another solid year.
haeglin if he has a solid year will get a good raise as well.

of course if haeglin and stephan decline or stay the same we will not have to worry about what they get paid.

sure, there will be just enough to sign them all and money would be tight but it will not leave us much room in the event we need someone to replace a injured player or one who is not working out.

Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted Hide Post
Stepan is definitely going to get raise unless he craps completely out. Hagelin is going to have to show more than he has to earn a big raise. currently they both make 875,000 but Stepan has proven to be more valuable than Hagelin. on the other hand it is a short season, if either gets hurt, or doesn't play well even a short spell, it will effect their earnings. we also have JT Miller waiting to move up, and you never know what will happen at the trade deadline either. a lot can effect next years payroll. in any event DZ is going to get someplace in the ballpark of 3 mill, maybe less, but I don't think much less

All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slapper:

if stephan has a great year and finally proves what he can do he will be asking for that kind of money and mac D after how he played last year will surely be getting the same money as stalsy and girardi if he has another solid year.

I don't think so. As good as I think MCD will be he has played one third the amount of games that Staal and Girardi have on their resumes.
That's not to say he might make more than them some day.

Posts: 5571 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slapper:

I don't think so. As good as I think MCD will be he has played one third the amount of games that Staal and Girardi have on their resumes.
That's not to say he might make more than them some day.

mac D is already getting 1.9 mil and you are right that he has played less games but he has already made a profound impact on our defense in that short spell.

i don't think it is a far stretch for him to possibly make a jump to 3.5 mil a year being that he is already making close to 2 mil given the way he has played and also being that a shut down D man is a high commodity in the nhl.

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
given the way he has played and also being that a shut down D man is a high commodity in the nhl.

And Girardi isn't?

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
given the way he has played and also being that a shut down D man is a high commodity in the nhl.

And Girardi isn't?

i never said a word about girardi other then his salary which i have no problem with, he is worth every penny.
mac D will need to be resigned after this year and if he plays like he did last year he will get paid the same or pretty close to it and i would be more comfortable over paying him then delzotto.

but to be perfectly clear i have no problems with delzotto and most definitely want him back as well.

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And Girardi isn't?

i never said a word about girardi other then his salary which i have no problem with, he is worth every penny.
mac D will need to be resigned after this year and if he plays like he did last year he will get paid the same or pretty close to it and i would be more comfortable over paying him then delzotto.

but to be perfectly clear i have no problems with delzotto and most definitely want him back as well.

Okay. It seemed you implied that Girardi isn't a shut down defenseman with your statement about MCD. You didn't have to say it. By the way, I'm a huge MCD fan.

All Star
posted Hide Post
per Bob McKenzie "del zotto has agreed to tentative terms with NYR and is expected in camp today although aspects of contract are still being worked out".

Steve Zipay also tweeted that del zotto is taking physical today at NYR camp which also supports McKenzie.

Posts: 3808 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Great! He's still young (22). He's going to become an even bigger asset to this team, especially as they all grow together.
I'm so happy they got this done.

Posts: 10043 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
From Andrew Gross:
quote:
Michael Del Zotto and the Rangers have agreed to a two-year deal, in time for the defenseman to join the team on ice for Day 1 of a six-day training camp which gets underway at noon.

Del Zotto gets an average salary of $2.55 million per season, which sounds reasonable.

Also, Matt Gilroy has signed and will also be on the ice today...

Posts: 10043 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
Great news. Glad he isn't missing any training camp.

Posts: 1135 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted Hide Post
Gilroy in at 625,000 is a steal especially since he knows the system in NY

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PG67:
From Andrew Gross:
quote:
Michael Del Zotto and the Rangers have agreed to a two-year deal, in time for the defenseman to join the team on ice for Day 1 of a six-day training camp which gets underway at noon.

Del Zotto gets an average salary of $2.55 million per season, which sounds reasonable.

Also, Matt Gilroy has signed and will also be on the ice today...

That is good news. I just hope after 2 years we don't regret not giving him a longer contract if he becomes a stud for us. Otherwise, we're going to pay for it.

Posts: 3808 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post