community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    I Just Want Hockey!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Just Want Hockey!!! Login/Join

Spectator
Picture of Scooter
posted
Has anyone heard anything regarding an agreement?

Posts: 38 | Registered: May 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
Picture of RedWhiteBlue75
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter:
Has anyone heard anything regarding an agreement?

NHLPA has officially locked their players. Boo

Posts: 648 | Registered: October 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
posted Hide Post
As I was telling a friend of mine, it figures we have a Championship ready team and a lockout happens Mallet Head Bang Boo

Posts: 21251 | Registered: April 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of NYI 1972
posted Hide Post
This is SICK. C'mon guys, get a stupid deal done. We have the playoffs to miss (again). Get the season started.

Posts: 1972 | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYI 1972:
This is SICK. C'mon guys, get a stupid deal done. We have the playoffs to miss (again). Get the season started.

Things don't look good. Word has it that the players are prepared to sit out the season if they have to.

Posts: 5034 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Major Leagues
Picture of redraider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
quote:
Originally posted by NYI 1972:

Things don't look good. Word has it that the players are prepared to sit out the season if they have to.
Good for them. This whole thing is nothing more than unadulterated greed on the owners part. They had a good year. They want more. Maybe they figure they'd get the publics support given the economic times and the overall view on unions these days. The NHLPA IS NOT like any of the other sports unions. They continuously come up short against these greedy phucks.

Hope this somehow costs Bettman his job but since he's only a puppets whose strings are being pulled by the owners, I don't know.

Posts: 8531 | Registered: December 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
You have owners, who want reduced salaries and term, shelling out 13 year 100 million dollar contracts and players, who have it pretty damn good, running off to Europe, willing to play for half of what they make in the NHL. Screw them all, I can only hope when this ends they come back to empty arenas.

Posts: 5360 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
...Screw them all, I can only hope when this ends they come back to empty arenas.

I think they will this time, kc.

Posts: 9587 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
Me too. If the root of the problem really is the teams with lower revenue (Bettman's Folly)- get rid of a couple of them. The league expanded too fast, and into poorly planned locations, imo.

Welcome to the board "Scooter".

Go easy on the three exclamation points... You wouldn't want to be mistaken for someone else using a new alias. Big Grin

Posts: 2551 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
You have owners, who want reduced salaries and term, shelling out 13 year 100 million dollar contracts .

That's the whole joke of it. They gave out those contracts knowing they were going to ask for a rollback of salaries a few months later. TSN pointed that out when Philly offered Weber that mega contract.

Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
PHUCK the owners .NOW let them pay the rent.
I think they outsmarted themselvs this time with the PIE IN THE SKY CONTRACTS THAT WERE JUST APPROVED buttman SHOULD BE "tarred and feathered and RUN out of town"on a armedillo!! RIP

Posts: 911 | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
posted Hide Post
Figures we have a SC favorite this year...just not fair.

Posts: 6 | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
I think it's a good thing that the players want to see financial information before they negotiate again. The owners are crying. Now prove it.

On a different note, MCD's 21 year old brother failed the blood test to get into law enforcement. From what I heard, he attended 2 parties the night before after passing the physical part. One of which was a family party. His blood alcohol was .028. Residuals I guess from the night before? I replied was there something else in his blood? How do you fail for having traces of alcohol in your system? I really don't know. Why did I bring this up? I don't know. Probably to show the human side to what goes on in the life of these star athletes.

Posts: 5034 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
I think it's a good thing that the players want to see financial information before they negotiate again. The owners are crying. Now prove it.

On a different note, MCD's 21 year old brother failed the blood test to get into law enforcement. From what I heard, he attended 2 parties the night before after passing the physical part. One of which was a family party. His blood alcohol was .028. Residuals I guess from the night before? I replied was there something else in his blood? How do you fail for having traces of alcohol in your system? I really don't know. Why did I bring this up? I don't know. Probably to show the human side to what goes on in the life of these star athletes.

It was probably weed. I'm pretty sure police offices are allowed to consume alcohol. Weed metabolites stay in your system for up to a month. A lot of people don't realize this when they take a puff at a party. Then they usually blame it on second hand smoke, or accidentally eating the wrong brownies.... The laws concerning pot in Canada are much less strict than here... but it still is not legal.

Sports Fan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 544 | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post