community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Lockout over!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lockout over!! Login/Join

Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted
Finally !!!!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/convers...greement-source-says

much better info at:

http://spectorshockey.net/blog...greement-on-new-cba/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NYRiceman,

Posts: 445 | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
posted Hide Post
Great News!!!!!!! Hockey is back Big Grin Hockey Thumbs Up

Posts: 21329 | Registered: April 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
phucking A now i can go lay down and P all over myself.

Posts: 3338 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
I just bust a nut over this news.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let's talk about how the new CBA (if anyone knows about the new CBA) and how it'll affect our team.

Also, I read that Larry Brooks wrote somewhere Gabby isn't coming back this season. Did anyone hear about this and can confirm?

Posts: 3827 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d3xd3x:
I just bust a nut over this news.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let's talk about how the new CBA (if anyone knows about the new CBA) and how it'll affect our team.

Also, I read that Larry Brooks wrote somewhere Gabby isn't coming back this season. Did anyone hear about this and can confirm?

leave it to larry brooks to be the buzz killer.

the only details i know is the deal is for 10 years with a opt out after 8.
50/50 split.
pension system will be similar to what they have in MLB.
free agents can not be signed for longer then 7 years or 8 years if it is a team resigning their own free agent.
the cap will be 70 mil this year and 64 mil next season.
each team will get two compliance buyouts next year.
i am sure there is plenty more but that is what i seen so far that is pretty solid.

the olympic participation still needs to worked out and no matter what happems with that it certainly will not be a deal breaker.

one thing is for certain, the players are jumping for joy and the owners are happy as well so i highly doubt we will be doing nothing but moving forward to the season and finally getting to see some hockey.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slapper,

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
Drop the puck baby. Like all Ranger and Hockey Fans I am happy we are finally getting to watch the game we love. But I still say the NHL has taken a hit because of this lock out, and the season will not have the same meaning for the team that wins the Stanley Cup.

I hope hockey fans make sure Gary A Hole Bettman knows that we fans are not happy with him and tell him to take a walk. We don't need him and we don't want him around hockey. Mad Yuk

LETS GO RANGERS!!!! Cheers

Posts: 5546 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyG:
Drop the puck baby. Like all Ranger and Hockey Fans I am happy we are finally getting to watch the game we love. But I still say the NHL has taken a hit because of this lock out, and the season will not have the same meaning for the team that wins the Stanley Cup.

I hope hockey fans make sure Gary A Hole Bettman knows that we fans are not happy with him and tell him to take a walk. We don't need him and we don't want him around hockey. Mad Yuk

I know, I unfortunately agree with you on the fact the team winning the Cup will get ragged on a bit forever for a shortened season. Nonetheless, everyone will still have an equal chance to win in this shortened season. NBA started with a 66 game season last year and no one has mentioned the shortened season for Miami's championship (66 versus 48 is a significant difference) And if there's a team to get hated on for it, it's obviously the Heat.

I wonder how many games Henrik will play? I can see him getting maybe 2-3 days off max now. Big Laugh

General Manager
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d3xd3x:

I'm suddenly reminded that the one good thing about the lockout was not having to listen to Larry Brooks.

Blah

Posts: 6152 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
Yawn
Screw em'all, now we get a short, half-azszed season??? How about we skip this year and just start early next year??
And now watch everybody line up and start lining the billionaires and millioniares pockets again, and I'm sure the paint has all ready been purchased for the ice THANKS FANS! NO THANKS, I'll be calling Directv today to make sure my Center Ice is cancelled.

Posts: 5717 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
Yawn
Screw em'all, now we get a short, half-azszed season??? How about we skip this year and just start early next year??
And now watch everybody line up and start lining the billionaires and millioniares pockets again, and I'm sure the paint has all ready been purchased for the ice THANKS FANS! NO THANKS, I'll be calling Directv today to make sure my Center Ice is cancelled.

KC, I understand what you're saying but I can never bring myself to boycotting Ranger hockey no matter what the circumstances. I just won't do it. Yes I know the NHL and the NHLPA are a bunch of imbeciles, but the diehard Ranger fan in me trumps all of that. When the season begins I will be front and center watching games on the tube, I will go to a few games as well, and I will root hard for my team like I always do. Lockout be damned.

Posts: 6152 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yawn

Maybe they'll give you a discount using that threat tactic. Chuckle Stop being a Debbie Downer KC and let it go. We got hockey back.

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyG:

i am sure they will have their little notaion next to the cup winner but i doubt any player in the league or their fans would pass it up if they won it.

a cup is a cup and at the very least if it ends the current drought of 18 years then i will take it if the rangers were fortunate enough to be in contention.
but at the same time with a short season anything can happen and it certainly is no guarantee for any team.

as i said in a previous thread, it did not hurt the devils too much and they still went on to win it a couple more times after that so it could not be all that bad for who ever wins it this year.

the biggest question mark would be for which ever team wins it this year is if they were to return and contend for the cup in 2013-2014.

alos, if i remember right, the shortened season was pretty intense and action packed and there were games quite frequently without any long breaks in between games. from my memory on that perspective it would be nice if the whole season went like that even though we know it would be physically impossible to play at that level for that long.

All Star
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll look at the brightside, we're 8 years away from the next work stoppage, what do you think the average salary/ticket price will be by then?

Posts: 5717 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, I'll look at the brightside, we're 8 years away from the next work stoppage, what do you think the average salary/ticket price will be by then?

if the economy stays the way it is most likely more then anyone of us could afford on a routine basis.

All Star
posted Hide Post
It's a fact of life that few can put their money where their mouth is. Football is almost over. I'll take a shortened season over a lost one. When I exclaimed just cancel the season already, it was a direct response to reading all the nonsense the media forced down our throats.I expect the intensity to reach prior levels after about a month into this season. Players are out of shape and rusty. Many will injure themselves. Should be interesting season.

Posts: 5883 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post