community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Lockout over!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lockout over!! Login/Join

Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
Lets win the cup before we worry about some silly notation.

Hockey is back baby!

LETS GO RANGERS!

Posts: 1135 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
At this point, I don't even care.

Posts: 10043 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
Look there is no doubt this lock out dragging on this long has put a bad taste in the mouths of all us die hard Ranger and Hockey Fans. But I am glad it's over and I am glad we are going to be able to watch the greatest sport there is , Hockey. I am ****ed and mad about the entire situation. But I kept myself busy watching the world Jr. Championships and watching the USA beat Canada to advance to the finals and then beat Sweden for the Gold. There is nothing like hockey. Then after the big win with USA, we get the NHL and our Rangers back. Hey just look at all the action the board has all of a sudden.

I guarantee that all of us die hard's that had a bad taste in their mouth over this lock out will forget all about it, the moment we see them drop the puck and hear someone say. "He Shoots, He Scores" "Kick Save and a beauty" Hockey

Like Double R said, there is nothing that will stop me from watching the Rangers and Hockey. So lets get it on and lets march on to the Stanley Cup.

Hey does anyone know how the schedule will be? are they going to pick up the schedule from the season and start the season at that point? or are they going to draw up a new schedule for the shorten season?

Any way they do it, bring on the Swamp Rats and the FishSticks. Lets get ready tu rumble. Boxing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TonyG,

Posts: 5264 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
Picture of RedWhiteBlue75
posted Hide Post
Halleluja Pope

Posts: 712 | Registered: October 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyG:

Hey does anyone know how the schedule will be? are they going to pick up the schedule from the season and start the season at that point? or are they going to draw up a new schedule for the shorten season?

Any way they do it, bring on the Swamp Rats and the FishSticks. Lets get ready tu rumble. Boxing

Schedule changes to all inter conference match ups.

Posts: 5576 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Sports Fan
Picture of NYRiceman
posted Hide Post
Now we need to get DelZotto signed. Anyone know Sauer's status?

Posts: 445 | Registered: February 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRiceman:
Now we need to get DelZotto signed. Anyone know Sauer's status?

Per Larry Brooks, Sauer is not expected to play this season. Everyone else is good to go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biz1006,

Posts: 1135 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
I'm sort of with KC and PG on this.

It all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like a battered wife who goes back with her husband, no matter how much he abuses her. Or a Jets fan (which I am, but hide it like bruises).

On the bright side, the team can play their style and hopefully not run out of gas this year.

I just hope they leave time for proper training camps, none of this one week camp crap.

Posts: 2605 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Drop the puck baby.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!! Cheers

Now's your time Tony....go ahead Poke

Posts: 2605 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
I said all along that if the entire season was cancelled, i would be done with the league. I'm relieved I don't have to make that difficult choice. My emotions today are generally positive but it'll take months for me to get back into it 100 percent. The lure of a great ranger team is somewhat tarnished by the fact that they'll only play 50 games. I never want to see Donald Fehr again.

Posts: 5269 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RZ Bure:
I said all along that if the entire season was cancelled, i would be done with the league. I'm relieved I don't have to make that difficult choice. My emotions today are generally positive but it'll take months for me to get back into it 100 percent. The lure of a great ranger team is somewhat tarnished by the fact that they'll only play 50 games. I never want to see Donald Fehr again.

well, the bright side is we will not have to deal with fehr for at least another 8 years.

Posts: 3178 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
quote:
Drop the puck baby.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!! Cheers

Now's your time Tony....go ahead Poke
Cheers Hockey

Posts: 5264 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
From Andrew Gross (Ranger Rants)

quote:

Monday, January 07, 2013

Torts “missed” players; other off day’s emotions

John Tortorella would not divulge his frustrations/emotions during the lockout - “It’s not about me” - nor would he bite when asked what he could say to the fans frustrated by the NHL’s latest labor stoppage. Nonetheless, he made it very clear he was happy the league and the NHLPA have reached a tentative deal.

“Well, we’re not back, we certainly haven’t touched the players,” Tortorella said of the coaching staff. “It’s good we’re getting closer.

“I always felt there was going to be a season,” he added. “The coaches were prepared, we had conversations. When they come out the other day and say, ‘We’re there,’ knowing it was going to be there, it was exciting. This is what we do. This is really the only thing I know how to do. The players wanting to be together, the coaches want to get back with them too. We feel we’re a tight-knit group. Quite honestly, I miss them. I’m anxious to get back with them and get to work.”

Tortorella acknowledged that, of course, there were concerns through the lockout as to how the players were preparing. At the same time, Tortorella leans on the trust and faith he has in his players, built over the past seasons working with this core group. The returning players have certainly informed the newcomers what to expect once training camp opens.

“I feel really good about our group, we always have, even through this, that they’re handling themselves the right way,” Tortorella said.

As for the team’s motivation this season, Tortorella is not convinced that it’s purely that the team reached the Eastern Conference final but lost to the Devils in six games, failing to reach the Cup final for the first time since hoisting the Cup in 1994.

“I’m not sure if it’s that,” Tortorella said. “I think the hunger is that they’re together again and will be a team again. We’ve gone through a few years of trying to cultivate it. The room is good and that’s what they want to get back to. That’s all these guys know is how to compete and what they’re anxious to do. I’m sure they were excited about last year, they made some good steps. But right now they just want to play.”

Tortorella also said the shortened season (most likely 48 games) doesn’t make a good start any more important than in any other season. That said, Tortorella always believes a strong start is crucial.

As to his message to the fans, Tortorella would say this: “We all want the fans to come back. We feel we have some of the greatest fans in the league. As a coach, I’m smack dab in the middle of it. I’m not with management and I’m not with the players. I just waiting to hear go. We have the go. I can tell them our team will be ready and we’re going to try to start right where we left off last year as far as style of play and how we go about our business.”

Meanwhile, in the dressing room, there was a keen mixture of excitement over the season and frustration over the time already missed.

“Some days I was excited and then it would come crashing down around you,” Brian Boyle said. “It was tough, tough to get out of bed sometimes. You want to play. It’s tough to be told you can’t play, you’re not allowed to play. That was hard.”

Rick Nash said being away from the game - he always lived through the 2004-05 lockout - made him appreciate the game more.

“For sure, it definitely does,” Nash said. “We’re lucky to be doing the thing we love as a job. When it’s taken away from you, it’s devastating. It definitely makes you realize how lucky you are.”

Captain Ryan Callahan said he gets that fans are likely to be upset and that bitterness might be directed at the players.

“Obviously, some fans are upset and rightfully so, they have reason to be,” Callahan said. “Our job now is go out back on the ice and bring the product back and, hopefully, they support us. It’s understandable they’re upset. We’re upset too. We didn’t want to lose this much of the season. At this point, now, there’s no looking back. We have got to build from here.”

Callahan added he was an optimist about a deal getting done and, several times, he thought the sides were on the verge of an agreement.

“Then nothing got done,” Callahan said. “You’ve just got to stay focused like something’s going to get done.”

Posts: 10043 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post