community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Schedule is Out
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schedule is Out Login/Join

All Star
posted
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/sc...=2&navid=DL|NYR|home

Tickets go on sale this coming Wednesday.

I like our last 10 games' match ups. I feel like we can go on a big run to end the season.

visitor home
Rangers Leafs
Leafs Rangers
Rangers Isles
Rangers Flyers
Panthers Rangers
Rangers Sabres
Devils Rangers
Rangers Panthers
Rangers Canes
Devils Rangers

Posts: 3807 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
dx, how can you make the last ten games sound easy when we have no clue how good/bad anyone will be this year?

I'll say again, shame on anyone who purchases tickets this year.
--------
Little tidbit from the POST today:

Meanwhile, reader Joseph Cosgriff has been wondering what message the NHL will deliver from just under the ice surface. You’ll recall that the 2005-06 season, following an entire lost season, featured, “Thank You Fans” — the comma after “You” deemed an unnecessary expense.

Cosgriff figures that The Garden will be able to choose from several, including:

“Go ahead and boo, we’ll just play Metallica to drown you out.”

“No Columbus Blue Jackets game this year. You save $300 (less shipping & handling).”

“We have your money through the first round of the playoffs.”

And, “We knew that you knew that you’d be back.”
--------

Last thing, there's an article up at ESPN that talks about how Nash is clutch and plays best in big games. Yeah, all those big games the BlueJackets played in the last few years. Good journalism is dying a quick death.

Posts: 5608 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
dx, how can you make the last ten games sound easy when we have no clue how good/bad anyone will be this year?

--------
Little tidbit from the POST today:

Meanwhile, reader Joseph Cosgriff has been wondering what message the NHL will deliver from just under the ice surface. You’ll recall that the 2005-06 season, following an entire lost season, featured, “Thank You Fans” — the comma after “You” deemed an unnecessary expense.

Cosgriff figures that The Garden will be able to choose from several, including:

“Go ahead and boo, we’ll just play Metallica to drown you out.”

“No Columbus Blue Jackets game this year. You save $300 (less shipping & handling).”

“We have your money through the first round of the playoffs.”

And, “We knew that you knew that you’d be back.”
--------

Last thing, there's an article up at ESPN that talks about how Nash is clutch and plays best in big games. Yeah, all those big games the BlueJackets played in the last few years. Good journalism is dying a quick death.

You definitely have a point, but like in any sport, you can make predictions on how teams are going fare. On PAPER, which is always a gigantic assumption and what we saw of this team last year, I feel that we should do well in those final 10 games (barring major injuries, knock on a wood).

I'll also say this about our team. We better be contending at minimum for #1 in our own division. In my opinion, we should only be battling with the Pens at the end of the season. They have a healthy Crosby now, but I think losing Jordan Staal was a big hit for them. Devils lost Parise, so I don't care what anyone says, we should win 3 out of the 4 games with them. Flyers are always dangerous, but we have a far superior defense and goal tending, and our offense should be a little better this year (note the sarcasm). I'm not going to talk about the Isles and waste my breath.

Posts: 3807 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:

Freedom of choice, KC. I respect you exercising your right to boycott the NHL as you see fit. But the lockout is over and I will be exercising my right to purchase some Ranger tickets this season.

Posts: 5907 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
quote:

Freedom of choice, KC. I respect you exercising your right to boycott the NHL as you see fit. But the lockout is over and I will be exercising my right to purchase some Ranger tickets this season.

i myself do not plan on spending any money this year on anything NHL other then paying cable and watching games on TV.

with that said, i really would not call that a boycott because i am still following the sport and watching the games and i certainly would not condemn anyone for going and spending their money because it is not only their choice, someone has to fill the arena and better someone else then me.

actually to be totally honest, for me it is a economic decision.
not so much that i can not afford it but i am a self employed seasonal business and this time of year i am idle and combine that with sending 2 kids to a private school and a slower year then normal i just do not see the need to go that extra mile for a league that did not go that extra mile for me.

yeah the lockout is over but being how it ended and what they settled on it should never have been a lockout to begin with so i am not gonna give them any credit for getting it done and doing their job.

Posts: 3152 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Good post, slapper.

Cheers

Posts: 10017 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post