community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Kreider
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kreider Login/Join

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted
When asked about the status of Chris Kreider, the team's official reponse has been "no update". So is he injured or isn't he? Whatever the case, I'm still stewing over the fact that he gets flattened by Brooks Orpik with 30 seconds left in a game that was already decided and no one from the Rangers seemed to have a problem with it. I really hope some of the Ranger players or team management reads these boards to see what their fans are thinking and feeling, and right now we are not very happy with this situation.

Posts: 5581 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
i doubt anyone will follow these boards because the site and organization it represents does not even acknowledge us or it's existence.

Posts: 2861 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
Picture of IHATETHEISLES
posted Hide Post
I just Hope this teams Chemistry Comes around..They lost some Hard Working Role Players in Prust, Doobie, Amisemov and Fedotenko....Another Big Issues is alot of Toughness was lost in Losing Prust and Doobie...it shows in the first 2 games.. Doobie or Prust on the ice with Kreider you know They would have had his back! Need some Toughness...Hopefully someone steps up beside Asham!

Posts: 1459 | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly that is the same thing they said when Sauer was hit and Rangers did nothing about it on the ice during the game and the next day there was no updates about Sauer. So I think Kreider was hurt and hurt bad. No matter what his condition is, and even if he plays tomorrow, there is no excuse why the Rangers didn't retaliate as soon as the kid was hit. Mad

Posts: 4954 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IHATETHEISLES:
I just Hope this teams Chemistry Comes around..They lost some Hard Working Role Players in Prust, Doobie, Amisemov and Fedotenko....Another Big Issues is alot of Toughness was lost in Losing Prust and Doobie...it shows in the first 2 games.. Doobie or Prust on the ice with Kreider you know They would have had his back! Need some Toughness...Hopefully someone steps up beside Asham!
We have plenty of toughness on this team without Prust and Dubi. First of all and lets hope he doesn't have to do it. Nash can drop the gloves if he has too and he can take care of himself. Asham is one of the best in the league dropping the gloves and plays a tough game on the ice. We have Rupp and Bickel, and an Pyatt is big and can also drop em if he has too. So there is not excuse that we are not as tough as last season. We are a bigger team this season then we were last season.

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
i just saw on hfboards that a reporter at the rangers practice tweeted that kreider is practicing with the team and wearing the full contact jersey as of 11:00 am.

looks like all is well with him and he will be fine and in the line up next game.

Posts: 2861 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
i just saw on hfboards that a reporter at the rangers practice tweeted that kreider is practicing with the team and wearing the full contact jersey as of 11:00 am.

looks like all is well with him and he will be fine and in the line up next game.
Way to go slapper, you are always on top of things. Thumbs Up This is good news. The bad news again, is the lack of retaliation by the Rangers when it happen. Mad

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Katie Strang from Espn says he's ok, even joked about the hit.

Posts: 4839 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Thank God! Thanks for the update, guys.

Here's what Andrew just posted.
quote:
The Rangers have reconvened for practice this morning after opening the season with two straight losses.

The update on Chris Kreider, who was shaken up by a heavy hit from the Penguins’ Brooks Orpik in the final minute of Sunday’s 6-3 home-opening loss is that he’s fine. He was one of the first Rangers on the ice for practice and his wearing a regular practice jersey so there are no issues with him going through contact drills.

Meanwhile, Stu Bickel is filling in on the fourth line in Arron Asham’s spot. Asham left the practice facility in street clothes prior to the team getting on the ice. So far, there’s been no update from the Rangers as to the reason for Asham’s absence today. Asham is the only Ranger not participating in practice. Captain Ryan Callahan is skating around with a brilliant shiner around his right eye, courtesy of Saturday’s game at Boston.

New lines today, too, which was certainly to be expected after the first two games. Notably, coach John Tortorella has put his top three forwards together:

Marian Gaborik-Brad Richards-Rick Nash
Chris Kreider-Derek Stepan-Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin-Brian Boyle-Taylor Pyatt
Mike Rupp-Jeff Halpern-Stu Bickel

Posts: 9682 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
I am new to this site, so let me start by saying I am a 40+ year Ranger fan. I like Torts and the team he is building, and we have to keep in mind its only been 2 games so far this season. But there is a disturbing trend with this team and it started in the Ottawa series. Last year during the regular season, I didn't see any team intimidate the Rangers, but Ottawa did starting in Game 2 beginning with Carkner's cheap shot assault on Boyle. Following that, Ottawa pushed them around until Prust stepped up and went toe-to-toe with Neil in Game 6. Even though he didn't win the fight, he showed guts and heart and it picked up the entire team, and we came back and won game 6 and the series. And who was the first to jump on Carkner when he was hitting Boyle while he was face down on the ice? Duby. If either of these two guys were on the ice when Kreider got hit, Orpik would have been in a fight. Win, lose or draw that fight, Kreider would know he has teammates that have his back. Right now, he has to be wondering. I can't blame Asham since he has been a Ranger for only one game, but what about Rupp? Where was he in Game 4 against Ottawa when Carkner came back to play? Why didn't Torts dress John Scott for that game to tear Carkner up? Would we really have missed Fedotenko that much in game 4 if we dressed Scott? I don't think so. How many minuets did Fed's play that game, 5? What happened is the rest of the league saw a Ranger team lay down and take a brutal cheap shot and do nothing about it. Only Prust stepped up, and now he is a Canadian. At least Duby jumped on Carkner's back to save Boyle from more punishment...but now he's in Columbus. Don't get me wrong, I love the Nash deal, but letting Pruster go was a mistake. He was the heart and soul of the team and chemistry and attitude matter. Everyone knew he had their back, so how much is that worth in a salary cap hit? We let him go, and we let John Scott go (at just 600k a year), and we sign Asham, who is just a brawler, and Haley (for 600k a year) to play in Hartford. Maybe I am crazy, but if they won't stand up to a thug like Carkner when he cheap shots Boyle and keeps punching him when he's face down on the ice, what makes you think they will stand up to Orpik when he lays out Kreider with a clean hit? They need someone with Pruster's fire and intensity who can pick up their physical game. Forget Rupp, I lost faith in him when he didn't take on Carkner. Asham can fight and maybe he can do it, but maybe they should give Haley a shot. He's not going to light up the scoreboard, but then again, neither will Rupp or Halpern, so we would at least get a guy willing to defend his teammates every time against anyone.

Posts: 2260 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the boards, delneggs!!!

Cheers

I agree with you wholeheartedly.
I posted the same thing earlier, actually - that Dubi and Prust would've taken care of business right there and then. No doubt!
And you're right about the Ottawa series, too.

This pattern is now a major concern for many of us fans on the message boards here - but that's apparently where it stops. I don't think anybody besides us has mentioned this. I wonder if Dave Maloney or Duguay will call out Kreider's mates on the ice at the time, especially Brian Boyle. We'll see.

Although there are mixed opinions here about paying Prust what he wanted, We should've re-signed him. (Water under the bridge now, unfortunately.) What he brought to the team is worthy, in my opinion, of what he was asking for. The guy is a warrior and he had great chemistry here. He's the kind of player you KEEP!!! Now the Rangers have to rebuild the chemistry that was lost. Is this going backwards? We'll see. It's still early.

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
And by the way...here's the latest from Andrew Gross:

"Tortorella said he’s “not sure” whether Arron Asham (mild groin strain) will be available against Boston. Seems like Stu Bickel will be moved up front to the fourth line and Steve Eminger will make his season’s debut as the sixth defenseman."

So now the Rangers will be even softer. They got banged around in Boston a bit. Now what?
Boston has two annoying little pests plus a few guys who can really scrap.
The Rangers need to find their mojo and step it up tomorrow night, BIG TIME!
Hockey

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
PG67...thanks for the welcome.

I was really upset last year when Slats decided to let Prust walk. I know the Canadians paid him $2.5 a year for 4 years, and I'm certainly not upset with Pruster for taking the money, but if I am recalling correctly, we could have signed him for about $2.2 a year for three years before he hit the open market. But lets say for arguments sake we had to pay him the $2.5 for 4 years. Would that have been so bad? Nothing against Asham or Halpern or Pyatt, but none of these guys can take the body like Prust, kill penalties like Prust, or protect teammates like Prust (with the possible exception of Asham on this point, I guess we'll see). And giving him $2.5 a year would not have prevented us fron signing Nash.

I just wish a guy like Boyle had half of Prusters heart and grit, because if he did, he would be a monster out there instead of a target for thugs like Neil or Carkner. Pyatts another big body but from what little I have seen he also plays small for his size, but since he's new, I'm willing to give him time to see what he does before any judgements.

You're right when you say its water under the bridge so I'm not going to ***** about losing him anymore. In my humble opinion, they better find someone to step up and fill that void or they are going to continue to get pushed around and take cheap shots by the likes of Crakner and Orpik. Why would anyone think twice about doing it to one of our players if they know they can get away with it? Keep in mind, now we face Carkner as an Islander 6 times a year, along with Boulton and Martin. They better figure it out before then or those games will be hard to watch.

I think they seriously need to consider giving Haley a shot on a line with Rupp and Asham. That at least gives us a shot at protecting our skill guys.

Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Yup. This is now a major concern from my point of view.

(And of course I agree with all of your points about Prust.) It would've been money well spent, especially after *PROVING* what he can do out there. Now? That kind of toughness + PK + chemistry is a mystery and a hope that it will develop with the guys we acquired. Letting him go made no sense to me AT ALL. Anyway...I know it's over and things are what they are now, but I guess we can't help but talk about this because the very thing that is missing, the toughness that Torts is referring to...is now in Montreal. And by the way, he's 7 years younger than Arron Asham, too!
*Honorable mention to Dubi. His passion is missed out there, too.

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
I like Dubi too but he was the very definition of overpaid so losing his contract and getting Nash in the deal makes his lose easy to live with. Watching Pruster get taken away over a few hundred thousand dollars a year in a cap hit really hurts and makes no sense to me. It didn't then, and I think now its going to become apparent to all those people that said he wasn't worth the money. At the time I said they were being penny wise and pound foolish. I really hope I was wrong, but I don't think so.