community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Kreider
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kreider Login/Join

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Delneggs. True Ranger Fans are always welcome. You brought up Prust in your post and I loved Prust as much as anyone, but I don't think it was a major loss for the Rangers letting him go for the amount of money the Canadians are paying him. I will repeat myself on the board what I have said about Prust before you joined the board. Prust has a heart of a lion and plays with grit and will drop the gloves with anyone, but the one thing Prust lacked is that Knock out Punch and although he would go with anyone he never really won fights by a knock out or even a unanimous decison.

With the addition of Asham we have a guy that can play the game just like Prust did but he wins fights by knock outs or unanimous decisons. Yes maybe Prust was better then Asham on the penalty kill, but we got Pyatt to pick up on the penalty kill where Prust left off. Pyatt and Jeff Halpren. Plus Halpren is great on face offs, something this Ranger Team needed.

I think the Rangers are a much bigger team this season and just as tough or maybe even tougher with the addtion of Nash, who can drop the gloves if he has too. Asham, Rupp, Bickel, Pyatt all can take care of the rough businees on the ice.

As far as Nash goes, he is a world class player, a power forward, something the Rangers have been missing for sometime. He is the real thing. He will make you forget everyone they traded to get him. He is so strong on the puck and hard to knock off the puck. He looks stronger then Jagr did on the puck.

Now getting back to the subject of the thread which you also addressed. I agree with you on most all of your points. But what happen to Kreider and the lack of response by the Ranger Players on the ice was the same problem last season and the season before with Prust and Dubi and has been the same problem for sometime. You have to remember Carcillo pounding the heck out of out number 1 star on the ice Gaborik, and everyone on the ice just stood there. Reminded me of when Dave Schultz pounded Dale Royle and destroyed his career. The only differnece was Dayle Royle was not an offensive super star for the Rangers.

Boyle, Sauer, Staal, Gaborik, now Kreider, and no one, no one on the Rangers when after anyone of the guys that were attacked, or hurt the guys I mentioned when it happen. To me this is a major problem for a team that PG said, keeps talking about how they are a close knit team.

I have been a die hard Ranger Fan going back to when I was growing up in the 6 team era. It's a new game now then it was then, but one thing has never changed. You need to have your teammates back in the game of hockey. And eye for an eye.

All and all, I am happy that we have another die hard Ranger fan on the Ranger Board. Welcome. Cheers

This Ranger team will wake up and start winning. Torts will make sure of that. The power play will improve with the addtion of Nash. We have to give it some time, even though its a short season and there is not that much time. Too much talent on this team not to get better.

LETS GO RANGERS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TonyG,

Posts: 5268 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Tony...thanks for the welcome. I bleed Ranger blue growing up on Long Island and watching games with my dad, another die hard fan back in the days of Eddie Giocomin, Brad Park, and Jean Ratelle (not sure about spelling there).

I love the Nash deal. I liked Dubi and Anisimov but a player like Nash isn't available often and we need him to get to the next level. I also 100% agree about sticking up for teammates. If you read my other posts, you can see that, so I'm not going to repeat all that.

I do disagree with you about Prust however and here is why. It isn't that fact that he wins or loses fights that matters most, it the fact that he will protect his teammates that matters most....to his teammates. It doesn't matter how we feel about him, or how his videos look on hockeyfights.com, it matters how his teammates feel about him and the job he does. I know Asham can fight. I know Rupp can fight. I know Bickel is willing to fight. But do thier teammates feel is if they have thier back? In Asham's case, its too early to tell. In Bickel's case, I think they do, but he doesn't play enough to have that big of an effect. In Rupp's case, I doubt it. That was never a question mark with Prust. On top of that he was a fierce hitter, very good penalty killer, and gave us solid minuets every game. I really think he is the type of player that brings out more effort from his teammates by the example he sets. You can't measure that in just dollars.

In regards to the hit by Orpik on Kreider.....I am not suggesting the team needs to retaliate anytime someone gets in a good clean hit on someone. Hockey is a tough sport and hits are part of the game. I am saying that in certain situations, like this one, the player (Orpik) is sending a message. He know's the game is over, and he know's that's one of your prized rookies in his sites, but he's going to take his shot anyway. He got away with a cheap shot on Stepan last year, so why should he stop now...right? When you don't repsond to this kind of stuff, you invite more of it, and I fear, we will be seeing more of it as the year goes on.

Posts: 2600 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
Good post, Delneggs!

Posts: 10043 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delneggs:
In regards to the hit by Orpik on Kreider.....I am not suggesting the team needs to retaliate anytime someone gets in a good clean hit on someone. Hockey is a tough sport and hits are part of the game. I am saying that in certain situations, like this one, the player (Orpik) is sending a message. He know's the game is over, and he know's that's one of your prized rookies in his sites, but he's going to take his shot anyway. He got away with a cheap shot on Stepan last year, so why should he stop now...right? When you don't repsond to this kind of stuff, you invite more of it, and I fear, we will be seeing more of it as the year goes on.

Perfectly said. It's the law of the jungle on the ice, the strong survive and the meek get eaten alive. If you let teams get away with taking liberties with your players, you are basically encouraging them to keep doing so and it will only get worse because other teams will know that you're soft and they can get away with that crap. Obviously that doesn't mean we want a team full of mindless goons who overreact to the slightest thing. It means that we want a team of players who have each other backs and who do not tolerate other teams pushing us around. A team needs to adopt a bit of a wolfpack mentality, that if you mess with one of us you are going to have to deal with the rest of us. This current Ranger team had better get that mindset into their heads ASAP or this will be a lost season.

BTW, welcome to the boards. Always a pleasure to have another blueshirt fan on board.

Thumbs Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Double R,

Posts: 5970 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delneggs:
Tony...thanks for the welcome. I bleed Ranger blue growing up on Long Island and watching games with my dad, another die hard fan back in the days of Eddie Giocomin, Brad Park, and Jean Ratelle (not sure about spelling there).

I love the Nash deal. I liked Dubi and Anisimov but a player like Nash isn't available often and we need him to get to the next level. I also 100% agree about sticking up for teammates. If you read my other posts, you can see that, so I'm not going to repeat all that.

I do disagree with you about Prust however and here is why. It isn't that fact that he wins or loses fights that matters most, it the fact that he will protect his teammates that matters most....to his teammates. It doesn't matter how we feel about him, or how his videos look on hockeyfights.com, it matters how his teammates feel about him and the job he does. I know Asham can fight. I know Rupp can fight. I know Bickel is willing to fight. But do thier teammates feel is if they have thier back? In Asham's case, its too early to tell. In Bickel's case, I think they do, but he doesn't play enough to have that big of an effect. In Rupp's case, I doubt it. That was never a question mark with Prust. On top of that he was a fierce hitter, very good penalty killer, and gave us solid minuets every game. I really think he is the type of player that brings out more effort from his teammates by the example he sets. You can't measure that in just dollars.

Ah Yes Delneggs, Eddie, Brad Park, Jean Ratelle and lets not forget the rest of the GAG (Goal a Game) line with Ratelle, Hatfield and Gilbert.

Nice post Delneggs, but where the heck did you get a handle like Delneggs? Confused and what the heck does it mean? Head Bang Chuckle

PokeLets See Del n eggs? You work in a Deli n you like eggs?

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Delneggs:

Perfectly said. It's the law of the jungle on the ice, the strong survive and the meek get eaten alive. If you let teams get away with taking liberties with your players, you are basically encouraging them to keep doing so and it will only get worse because other teams will know that you're soft and they can get away with that crap. Obviously that doesn't mean we want a team full of mindless goons who overreact to the slightest thing. It means that we want a team of players who have each other backs and who do not tolerate other teams pushing us around. A team needs to adopt a bit of a wolfpack mentality, that if you mess with one of us you are going to have to deal with the rest of us. This current Ranger team had better get that mindset into their heads ASAP or this will be a lost season.

For heaven's sake. Get a grip. Both of you. Your acting like he took kreider's knees out.
Kreider is the one that skated into Orpik. Orpik is just saying fine. Go ahead. It's your well being. Orpik sent a message there? Again, only to mr. kreider. Perhaps no writer, sports announcer, or ranger has brought this subject up means someone is off base here. We the fans are the ones acting like a wolfpack. Until you convince you've played the game on their level and would have jumped Orpik in that situation then I would suggest toning down the rhetoric. It's easy to say what you would have done when your in front of television set.

Posts: 5581 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Tony..........lets not forget Stemmer, Eddie Johnstone, and Gilles Villimure. Those were some good teams back then. Plus we got to hear the stellar commentary of the Big Whistle Bill Chadwick! (when he wasn't hammered that is). I can still rememeber watching games against the Bruins on a black and white TV when both benches would empty and it would take a half and hour to get the team seperated. Hockey has surley changed since then.

My next door neighbor back then was the offical scorer for the Islanders so I got to go see the Rangers play when they came to the Island. I got to meet a few players too, and got a stick from Kenny Hodge I used in the street for years. Good memories (excpet for the Hodge for Middleton trade fiasco which I still can't fathom).

Delneggs is a long story, and not appropriate for this forum anyway.

All I can say is......GO RANGERS! I hope like hell they get thier mojo back soon.

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
Way to go Del. talking about the real days of hockey. You mentioned Gilles Villimure. Well he is from L.I. and I see him a lot on the train going to games at MSG. Great guy and loves to talk hockey. Yes, Jim Gordan and the Big Whistle. And then there was Marv Albert on the Radio. "He Shoots He Scores" "A Kick Save and A Beauty" Hockey

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
welcome aboard delneggs there is always room for another ranger fan. Cheers

Posts: 3181 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Until you convince you've played the game on their level and would have jumped Orpik in that situation then I would suggest toning down the rhetoric. It's easy to say what you would have done when your in front of television set.

Well, I'm guilty of co-leading the pack on this topic, but you're right, NYRfan16. That's true. It's easy to say sitting here in front of my TV and yapping to you guys at my computer. I admit it.
BUT...I wholeheartedly believe everything I'd said is valid. Are we just making this stuff up? No. As Tony mentioned, as we have seen and continue to see throughout the league, it seems the Rangers are the only team that doesn't react to their teammates getting slammed around. And THAT'S what some of us are addressing...and I know we're not just pulling this out of left field. We're just calling it the way we see it and it's obviously frustrating to watch for some of us.

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
NYRfan..........If you actually read my posts, I'm not focusing in on this one hit on Kreider. I am talking about a pattern the Rangers seem to be developing of not sticking up for each other. I use the instance with Carkner's cheap shot on Boyle, and Orpik's cheap shot on Stepan last year as examples of what I am trying to say. I admit this hit by Orpik was a good, hard, legal hit........but if you think he wasn't sending a message doing it with 38 seconds to go in a 6-3 game against the Rangers, then you will have to convince me that you ever played a contact sport in your life. And FYI...his cheap shot on Stepan was a knee shot, we were just lucky Stepan wasn't seriously hurt by it.

Last year Boyle did a little picking on the Senators prized rookie in Game 1 and in Game 2 they came back full force with Carkner, Konopka, and Neil ready for payback, and they got it, didn't they...and then some. They almost bullied their way to a series win over a better team. You think that was by accident, or by design?

I like clean, hard hitting, fast paced, highly skilled hockey games and I don't care if they ever fight. I'm not pushing payback or revenge as a team strategy, but lets face facts....hockey is a tough sport and body checks, intimidation, and fights are part of it. Always have been and I suspect always will be in some way or another. How else do explain an animal like Carkner in the league? When someone lights up one of your players in a situation like that, game over and seconds to go, make no mistake about his intentions....he's telling you he owns you, especially if he has gotten away with cheap shots on your team in the past.

If you don't see that, then you don't see that. We will just have to agree to disagree about it.

Minor Leagues
Picture of sizzlechest
posted Hide Post
Last year Boyle did a little picking on the Senators prized rookie in Game 1 and in Game 2 they came back full force with Carkner, Konopka, and Neil ready for payback, and they got it, didn't they...and then some. They almost bullied their way to a series win over a better team. You think that was by accident, or by design?

Excellent Point Delneggs that is it in a nutshell...we almost lost that series and even in this small sample of NHL games so far this season I have seen at least 2 instaces where teams deal with a hit (clean or dirty) immediately on the ice..that's a team sticking together..possibly Tort's propensity for sitting player's because of penalties is in the back of their hads but there was no excuse for a lack of respone to Orpik at that point in a already decided contest....

welcome to the boards by the way- the guys on here are great ...TonyG PG etc..they welcomed me a while back...PS I went to my first NYR game with my NYPD dad at the old MSG in 68 it was vs the Leafs..a fan since then...thru the Chief jim Neilson, up thru the Barry Beck, Pat Hickey, Lucien DeBlois days all the way up to our home grown team (for the most part) that we have now....WELCOME

Posts: 1034 | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Sizzlechest....We started watching them about the same time. Those are some good teams and good memories you mentioned there. Since we are talking old players, we can't forget Nicky Fotiu. You remember how he use to skate around in warm ups throwing pucks over the boards to the fans? That guy was all heart and grit, and one of my all time favorite Rangers.

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
I get the distinct impression that Kreider will be sent down, based on his play so far and by the things that Tortorella is saying. Whatever happens, I hope Kreider gets his game back to the level that we saw in the playoffs because this kid has some serious talent and can be a huge asset to this team.

Posts: 5970 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
I get the distinct impression that Kreider will be sent down, based on his play so far and by the things that Tortorella is saying. Whatever happens, I hope Kreider gets his game back to the level that we saw in the playoffs because this kid has some serious talent and can be a huge asset to this team.

Yeah, the fact that Torts is even talking about that possibility with the media, tells me the decision's already been made.