community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    There won't be a season
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There won't be a season Login/Join

Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
Tough crowd here.....

Posts: 2591 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
Hey 16, you know how copper wire was invented? Razzer

Your older than I thought you were. Greedy

Posts: 5504 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
Hey 16, you know how copper wire was invented? Razzer

Your older than I thought you were. Greedy

I know 2 types of jokes-old and bad.

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoMore1940:
quote:
Originally posted by biz1006:
if they make a deal in the near future, there is no doubt in my mind that they will play the winter classic. This is just a negotiating ploy, i hope.

The Winter Classic is CANCELLED and no settlement lies in the immediate future.

I think it's important to reiterate this is a LOCKOUT by the OWNERS, not a strike by the players.

I think this may be the end of the National Hockey League.

This is what you get when you've got a JEWISH LAWYER running the league.

I've stated my stance on the players union here many times. While I feel their right to expect current contracts to be honored is more than fair, the rest of their approach has left me underwhelmed. Hiring Donald Fehr, bailing for Russia, the stubbornness, the "we got screwed last time" stuff....nobody in this league deserves to make more than 4, 5 mil per season. And the cab had expired, the owners have every right to want a new deal.

Posts: 5219 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RZ Bure:
quote:
quote:
if they make a deal in the near future, there is no doubt in my mind that they will play the winter classic. This is just a negotiating ploy, i hope.

I think it's important to reiterate this is a LOCKOUT by the OWNERS, not a strike by the players.

I've stated my stance on the players union here many times. While I feel their right to expect current contracts to be honored is more than fair, the rest of their approach has left me underwhelmed. Hiring Donald Fehr, bailing for Russia, the stubbornness, the "we got screwed last time" stuff....nobody in this league deserves to make more than 4, 5 mil per season. And the cab had expired, the owners have every right to want a new deal.

Totally agree. Fehr could care less if there is a hockey season. NHL players are also the second highest average saleried players being basketball.
The other thing that bothers me is the players going overseas. In the past, you would never see an American or Canadian player do that. Thats almost the equivelant to being a scab

Posts: 1290 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike22NYR:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Totally agree. Fehr could care less if there is a hockey season. NHL players are also the second highest average saleried players being basketball.
The other thing that bothers me is the players going overseas. In the past, you would never see an American or Canadian player do that. Thats almost the equivelant to being a scab

I don't 100% agree.

RZ, if the players do not deserve more than $5 million per year why do the owners continue to offer contracts in the 7-8 million dollar range? This happens year in and year out. It doesn't make sense to me.

Mike 22, per this November 2011 article from yahoo http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10423863 the NHL is 3rd in average salary, behind NBA and MLB. Perhaps this changed in the last year though so you may be correct.

Also, why does it bother you that players are going overseas to play hockey? They need some cash flow during the lockout plus they need to stay fit and and in game shape. Its hard to stay in game shape if you are just skating at your local rink.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't 100% agree.

RZ, if the players do not deserve more than $5 million per year why do the owners continue to offer contracts in the 7-8 million dollar range? This happens year in and year out. It doesn't make sense to me.

Mike 22, per this November 2011 article from yahoo http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10423863 the NHL is 3rd in average salary, behind NBA and MLB. Perhaps this changed in the last year though so you may be correct.

Also, why does it bother you that players are going overseas to play hockey? They need some cash flow during the lockout plus they need to stay fit and and in game shape. Its hard to stay in game shape if you are just skating at your local rink.

The owners are foolish, I'm not siding with them necessarily, I just don't believe that the nhlpa should be getting off scotfree. They offer the contracts because there is a market for these players, and that drives up the salaries, even with a salary cap in place. But if you we're to look at it from an outsider point of view, the NHL simply does not generate the kind of revenue or publicity that would warrant any player making signing 100 mil contracts.

As for your question on Europe, who is getting the opportunity to play overseas? Makin, ovechkins, etc...not third line players and goons. But the union is in place to unify them all, no? So what does it say when the rich go get richer while the lesser players don't get paid at all?

All Star
posted Hide Post
Read Fehr's memo today to the players. Don't expect an agreement to be reached soon. That's all I have to say.

Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Read Fehr's memo today to the players. Don't expect an agreement to be reached soon. That's all I have to say.

Saw that on TSN. Things are REALLY not looking good at this point.

And nobody seems to care....none of the people I talk sports with even bring it up. And they're Ranger fans.

I'm sick already of the filler-KHL, old games, reruns of the Winter Classics and Stanley Cup playoff games(NHL Network). Bounce

Give us The Whale games on MSG!!!!!!! Hockey

Do we need an official online petition?

All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paulzzy:
[

I'm sick already of the filler-KHL, old games, reruns of the Winter Classics and Stanley Cup playoff games(NHL Network). Bounce

What happened to the Vintage games re runs?

Hockey Who's the guy in the yellow?

Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't 100% agree.

The owners are foolish, I'm not siding with them necessarily, I just don't believe that the nhlpa should be getting off scotfree. They offer the contracts because there is a market for these players, and that drives up the salaries, even with a salary cap in place. But if you we're to look at it from an outsider point of view, the NHL simply does not generate the kind of revenue or publicity that would warrant any player making signing 100 mil contracts.

As for your question on Europe, who is getting the opportunity to play overseas? Makin, ovechkins, etc...not third line players and goons. But the union is in place to unify them all, no? So what does it say when the rich go get richer while the lesser players don't get paid at all?

Good point about the top players going over seas. I did not consider that. Of course, those guys will get paid millions no matter where they play.

Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:

Things sound even worse after today (sunday). I wonder, what would happen if the owners of the top NHL markets decided the heck with Bettman and the NHL, and started their own league. I know this would never happen and there may be some legal issues to get around, but I just want to see some Rangers hockey already.

All Star
posted Hide Post
It has become obvious in my opinion that there isn't such a thing as middle ground in these negotiations. As soon as Fehr realizes
that and convinces the players that this is the best we can do, the season will still be on hold.

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has become obvious in my opinion that there isn't such a thing as middle ground in these negotiations. As soon as Fehr realizes
that and convinces the players that this is the best we can do, the season will still be on hold.

Wishful,thinking. Fehr will drag this thing out for 2 seasons before conceding. It's a lost cause.

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wishful,thinking. Fehr will drag this thing out for 2 seasons before conceding. It's a lost cause.

And Mark Recchi came out today and said the players should sign the deal. When they thought it was a bad deal 8 years ago, they still made money and they will make money this time.