community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Hockey Talk with only my NY Ranger Blue Brothers. SwampRat fans not Invited get lost
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hockey Talk with only my NY Ranger Blue Brothers. SwampRat fans not Invited get lost Login/Join

Minor Leagues
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Tony...according to another thread, Andrew Gross reported Zach Parise would "no way" go to the Rangers. Now, of course he HAS to say something to that effect BEFORE July 1st, but let's say it's true, and he won't come here. Okay. That leaves, as far as I know and what I've read, Rick Nash, Bobby Ryan, Ryan Getzlaf as the "top" guys available, and I think, all via trade. Next question....who would we have to give up? Remember, as I posted the other day: you have to GIVE to GET. Some other team will not be taking our throw-aways for their top stars....just doesn't work that way. Now, like you, I was a big supporter of getting Nash at the deadline, but in NO WAY for what they were asking, that's pretty obvious. I posted before, EVERYONE is available for me to trade, EXCEPT Lundqvist, McDonaugh, and Kreider. Tough choice for me to not include Cally here, he is our captain and heart and soul, but remember, you have to give to get. I would love Nash just to be able to tutor Kreider, basically a Nash clone. (And Nash is only 6 years older than Kreider). Will he change his game like you said to go down and block shots? Who knows? And that has to be factored in. Will Bobby Ryan and Getzlaf block shots like the Rangers do? We don't know. I don't know if there is a way you can get info from them via their agents, then maybe that's what you have to do to see if they're a fit. I know trading away players who we love is a tough debate, but I truly feel in my heart we're a little bit short in being able to win a Cup with what we have. Yes, this years' run was a Godsend for our young players....2 Game 7s, 2 WINS in Game 7s, getting to a Game 6 in a Conference Final...great experience, but these young guys can't think, oh it's easy, we'll get there every year. We need to get bigger and tougher, and I don't mean "fighting" tough-we led the league in fighting majors-but tough in not getting knocked off the puck. Look at the Ottawa series...they were faster and banged the you-know-what out of us. AND, in Game 2, they basically ran us out of our own building. We are "team tough" but we need to get even tougher and bigger. Nash, Ryan, and Getzlaf would all fit that bill. (I'm not saying get all 3 obviously, I'm saying anyone of those 3 would help in that aspect). We really aren't that deep in the system (did you know Paveltenko went overseas?)....I guess JT Miller and a couple of other guys will be OK, but not in the next 2 or 3 years. We need outside help, and by the way, I would take Ryan Suter in a minute too...there's our PP point man. As always, all in my humble opinion, of course!

Posts: 809 | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYR112935:
I was watching NHL Network last night, and anyone else find it f'ing annoying that Pittsburgh is already tabbed the favorite to win the cup next year. I mean it's the day after the Kings just went on a tremendous cup run.
As much as I disliked both teams that played in the final this year, they both deserve a ton of credit to get where they were. Let's give other teams due respect as well that weren't ousted like pansies in the first round... Mad

I believe Parise is going to Detroit. I also believe that the devils won't go as far as they did this year. Too old and not enough talent.
I hope their fans enjoyed the ride. Roenick stated he believes that the Rangers and Wings will be better and that he fears Crosby will be injury prone for the rest of his career. As far as the Pens being the cup favorites. Their defensive play will have to improve big time. The kings allowed 30 goals in four rounds. The pens allowed 30 goals in one round.

Posts: 5571 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
According to the NY Post today, Mark Everson who writes for the SwampRats, Parise said there is no way he wants to be a Ranger. I say Screw him, we don't need him. He is not what this team needs. We have Cally. We need a Rick Nash type of power forward with size, and a top scorer, not another grinder. Rangers don't need Parise.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
quote:
Originally posted by Jagr7711:
Not me, I was Richter35 and changed to Jagr because everyone was so hard on Jagr and I felt with a 120 point season the man deserved some respect.

Kids I have not been blessed with them yet! Frowner

You're not Richter 35, nice try though..

I wasn't buying that either. I'm going with whomever picked jonnyranger.....

Posts: 2605 | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of redraider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulzzy:
quote:
quote:
Not me, I was Richter35 and changed to Jagr because everyone was so hard on Jagr and I felt with a 120 point season the man deserved some respect.

Thumbs Up

Posts: 8656 | Registered: December 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That was me...I figured he was jonnyranger because he came and went like he was Kaiser Soze.
Deffinitly not Richter35.....I believe he was a college ice hockey coach

Posts: 1312 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike22NYR:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That was me...I figured he was jonnyranger because he came and went like he was Kaiser Soze.

For us old guys there was this show called " To tell the Truth." Three contestants came on claiming to be Richer 35. Questions followed and then you had to figure out who was the real Richter 35. Anyone else want to be Richter 35?
We have two. Need another.
person claiming

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

For us old guys there was this show called " To tell the Truth." Three contestants came on claiming to be Richer 35. Questions followed and then you had to figure out who was the real Richter 35. Anyone else want to be Richter 35?
person claiming

i must admit that i am richter 35 and i have been since i was a little boy.

you got me.

Posts: 3178 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

person claiming

you got me.

I'm convinced Tony G. is Glen Sather.

Rookie
Picture of number seven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

person claiming

you got me.

I like the way this is going. Reminds me of Kirk Douglas and Tony Curtis in the movie "Spartacus", Now everyone get up and says "I am RICHTER35" Wink

Posts: 708 | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
Chat no way im Tony G .

this is going to be a LONG SUMMER. Pope

Posts: 911 | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jagr7711:

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jagr7711:

I dont know why he claimed to be Richter35.....he deffinitly was not him

Posts: 1312 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Paulzzy
posted Hide Post
This post should forever be bumped to the top , as a monument to the monumental fairy tales of Liar7711.

Reading through it is hilarious. Can anyone take this fool seriously anymore?

Waiting on that proof of his master's degree and 3.97 GPA. Jester

Major Leagues
Picture of redraider
posted Hide Post
quote:
This post should forever be bumped to the top , as a monument to the monumental fairy tales of Liar7711.

Reading through it is hilarious. Can anyone take this fool seriously anymore?

Waiting on that proof of his master's degree and 3.97 GPA. Jester
Surprised he didn't claim 4.1 on that GPA.

Posts: 8656 | Registered: December 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post