community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Hockey Talk with only my NY Ranger Blue Brothers. SwampRat fans not Invited get lost
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hockey Talk with only my NY Ranger Blue Brothers. SwampRat fans not Invited get lost Login/Join

Spectator
posted Hide Post
Tony, Steves team is in the stanley cup finals and he does not even have Devils Fans to talk too!!!!

Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
Simple adjustment I noticed tonight by the kings. Cover the weak side point. Devils rarely went cross ice to the other D. Were you watching Torts?

Posts: 5504 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
Good crisp passes too!!! And they took the puck off the board and got the puck out of their zone! Del Zotto and some others (Bikle) would take the puck and cover it up against the boards!!!! Than we would get pinned in our zone and the swamprats could cycle

Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jagr7711:

Steve we were by far the better team, you got so many calls from the Refs, and so much luck!

We have more Cups than your ****ty organization!!!

I dont know what series you were watching....but we were outplayed by the Devils and we did not lose because of the refs....please dont play the ref card as an excuse why we lost.

Plus, I wouldnt brag about winning one more cup than the Devils when the Rangers have been around more than 50 yrs than the Devils.

I am as much a diehard Ranger fan than anyone on here, but I can admit when we were outplayed.

Posts: 1291 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of luckysteve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jagr7711:
How do you feel now steve!!!!

I feel a sweep!!!

Get the Brooms out!!!

I could careless how many years you haver to go back we have more cups!!!!

You are going to represent the East like ****!!!

In 94 we had 114 points and your ****ty organization had to come rain on our parade!

Now in 2011. Game 5 offside you got a goal Game 5 Cross Check to Stephans Head you got a goal!! We out played you!!

Game 6 first call was not a penalty and you scored!!! How many dives did you take!!! You guys did it again tonight Paraise with his hand trys to score!

Also if you don't win for 30 more years I am suppose to take away your ***king Stanley cup from 1995???? PLease!!!!

Phony ***king fans!!! You don't even have fans to talk to about your ****ty stanley cup games!!!!!!!

Steve ***k off!!!!!!

Do you have any idea how moronic your posts are? Yes, we lost game one. Quick was outstanding, and we didn't generate enough traffic in front of goal. Unlike YOU, I won't look for excuses, or whine about the officials. We lost game 1 in OT. So, how did YOUR team do last night? Oh, that's right, they've been eliminated.

Not sure what you're talking about when you say we rained on your parade in 94. Didn't you finally win that year? Confused

The fact that the Rangers won 4 Cups in what, 85 years just points to a team with a history FUTILITY. The Devils have an opportunity to match that total, and it's only been 30 years. Your argument is totally flawed. As for officiating, you sound like a whinny ***** again. Get over it. I could point to just as many officiating mistakes that went against the Devils, and probably every other NHL playoff team. The officiating was bad, but it was bad for all.

There are some on this board who love the sport and are intelligent. My recent posts are directed at the sore losers. It's too easy to respond to these jokers.

Posts: 4837 | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luckysteve:
Can't stay long...my team is playing for the Cup, and i have to run. Just wanted to see how your summer's going, Tony? Still feeling the sting of defeat?
The only thing I feel Steve is how sad and lonely you must feel to have to try and push yourself on to a thread where you are not wanted. You really are pathetic. Now go home and get some yellow paint for your face. Nyah

Posts: 5216 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
Question: what's with the two days off after game 1? That's very odd scheduling by the NHL. I would think between games 2 and 3 with the change of venue would be the best time for a two day hiatus.

Question

Posts: 5909 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
Question: what's with the two days off after game 1? That's very odd scheduling by the NHL. I would think between games 2 and 3 with the change of venue would be the best time for a two day hiatus.

Question

My friend who works for NBC, told me it was NBC that ultimately decided the schedule and it probably has something to do with scheduling conflict. Didn't ask in detail, but that was the answer I got when I asked the same question. But it ****s cause I'm working 2-10 on Saturday, would've much rather had a game on Friday

Posts: 1416 | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangers4387:
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:

Question

My friend who works for NBC, told me it was NBC that ultimately decided the schedule and it probably has something to do with scheduling conflict. Didn't ask in detail, but that was the answer I got when I asked the same question. But it ****s cause I'm working 2-10 on Saturday, would've much rather had a game on Friday

Radiohead is playing there tonight and tomorrow night

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IHATETHEISLES:
It still amazes me how the Rangers lost on that sloppy goal...The Rangers had trouble scoring goals all year...wait till the devils Meet the Kings Offense...Huge wake up call...oh its coming!!

The Kings offense isnt much better than the Rangers. In fact, during the regular season, they were 29th in goals scored. The Rangers were 11th. They are averaging less than 3 goals per game in the playoffs too

Spectator
Picture of NoMore1940
posted Hide Post
Rangers may have won 4 Stanley Cup Championships during their 86 year existence but THEY'VE BEEN AROUND FOR 86 YEARS! How many teams can say that? An "Original 6" team, not an expansion team...

Posts: 5448 | Registered: December 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoMore1940:
Rangers may have won 4 Stanley Cup Championships during their 86 year existence but THEY'VE BEEN AROUND FOR 86 YEARS! How many teams can say that? An "Original 6" team, not an expansion team...

Not to burst your bubble, but the Rangers were an expansion francise

Bystander
Picture of Gravy Train
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by luckysteve:

The fact that the Rangers won 4 Cups in what, 85 years just points to a team with a history FUTILITY. The Devils have an opportunity to match that total, and it's only been 30 years. Your argument is totally flawed. As for officiating, you sound like a whinny ***** again. Get over it. I could point to just as many officiating mistakes that went against the Devils, and probably every other NHL playoff team. The officiating was bad, but it was bad for all.

Not to nitpick, but the Devils are actually closer to 40 years old. They started out as the expansion Kansas City Scouts in 1974 and moved on to become the Colorado Rockies and then the Devils. The Scouts' and Rockies' histories are as much a part of the Devils as Quebec is for the current Avalanche team.

That being said, Rangers fans know our ratio of years to cup victories. We get your point. But you're missing one big aspect of the Rangers - they have one of the most loyal fan bases among any team in any sport. It's easy to be a Yankees, Steelers, Lakers, Celtics, Red Wings or even a Devils fan. Being a fan is a piece of cake when you win. But when you stick by and love a team that wins infrequently, that speaks volumes about a fan base.

Be happy that your team is in the Cup finals - they deserve to be there. You have a great GM and a team that's playing well. But if the Devils do win the Cup, it's not going to overshadow the Rangers in the least. Win or lose, the Rangers will always be the Rangers - the top dog in this hockey town with a great fan base.

Posts: 3 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of luckysteve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rangers - they have one of the most loyal fan bases among any team in any sport. It's easy to be a Yankees, Steelers, Lakers, Celtics, Red Wings or even a Devils fan. Being a fan is a piece of cake when you win. But when you stick by and love a team that wins infrequently, that speaks volumes about a fan base.

I AGREE 100%. That's what makes threads like these so silly, and why I like to fire back. I have never questioned the loyalty. That said, I am just as loyal to MY team, and will speak up when people take shots at it. You're right, it's easy to root for a winner, but I've been a Devs fan long before they started winning. Trust me, Devils fans took a load of cr-ap for many years. What people need to understand is the NJ PRIDE attached to the Devils. They are the only major league team to embrace Jersey. many fans you see at the games today, were KIDS when we started winning. That is why the fan base has steadily grown. By the way, I'm also a Jets, and Mets fan, so yeah, I know misery. The difference between me and some of the azzes here, is that I have often praised the Rangers for what they've accomplished. That doesn't diminish my loyalty to the Devils, but as a HOCKEY fan, I appreciate good games.

All Star
Picture of luckysteve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoMore1940:

Boston, Montreal and Toronto were all around before the Rangers.