community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Nash
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nash Login/Join

All Star
posted
OK, couple games into the Nash era and a few things stand out, both good and bad. Very talented player, huge body and knows how to use it well to protect the puck. The smaller Dmen in the division will have a real tough time with him. His size, and reach will be big weapons. Now the bad, he put up some ugly +/_ numbers during his time in Columbus and we were all led to believe that was because of their lack of talent, that may have played a part, but after two games I can see he brought a lot of that on himself. On the Dupuis goal Sun night, the Rangers changed three guys on the PK(Girardi couldn't make it to the bench), Hags and Staal both hustled and got back into the play, Nash on the other hand...was for some unbeknownest reason all the way down at the wrong end of the bench(down by the backup goalie)slowly jumped over the boards and then made absolutely NO attempt to skate hard and join the play. I don't know if that's how he's used to things being, but it's not going to cut it on this team. He was also slow to come on on a shift change on Sat night, although that could have been caused by some confusion on the bench. Watch the replay of that goal if you get a chance, his effort was pathetic, Valeri Kamensky-like, if you will. Hopefully the leadership of this team, both coaches and players, won't let this be the norm.

Posts: 5623 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
i think nash is gonna be a beast and his play would probably be much better if the team was not playing like crap.

i really am not gonna take his numbers in columbus too literally because he racked up tons of ice time and the team stunk.

he is gonna work out great here and he is not blinded by the city lights because he wants to be here and welcomes it as well as he is gonna be here for a long time.

he lays down in front of shots he takes the body and to some degree he has been the only bright spot of the last two games for me personally.

outside of nash the only other mainstay that never disappoints me is cally, but nash is gonna have to be around a little while to rank up there with cally.

nash will be fine and although the team has made some changes it has only been two games and he has changed pretty much everything in his life.
new city, new team, new coaches, new everything and he probably has it the hardest out of everyone and actually has a viable excuse.

Posts: 3169 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
How can any intelligent reporter ask "When will the chemistry be there....How long will it take to gel?" It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand that it happens when it happens. It may take a week. It may take 3 months. All the players can do is try their best. I HATE those questions.

Nash is a beast and he's been through lots of high-pressured situations. I have faith in him doing very well here. Here's my take on the team's chemistry:
Who's left of the *100% EFFORT EVERY SHIFT* guys? Cally. That's it. Right?

Prust, Feds, Artie and Dubi were guys playing lots of minutes and who left it out on the ice every night. Cally and those guys led the team by example. It worked. The loss of those guys has been obvious for the first two games. BUT it's a process. It may take time. It WILL take some time. And whether it's a full or half season, on-ice team chemistry happens when it happens. I don't think you can push it to make it happen quicker. Any coaches disagree with that? Let me know.

I'm certainly going to do my best to not get down on them too fast and just try to enjoy the process of this new team gelling over the course of the season. It'll happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PG67,

Posts: 10032 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
Nash's talent is undeniable so if he buys into the system and gives it all he has, he will be a great addition to the team. He says all the right stuff in every interview I see him give and the coaches and other players all seem to respect him already, so let's give him some time and see what happens. I have a feeling we will all be happy we signed him 2 or 3 years from now. At least I hope so. GO RANGERS!

I also loved his answer the other night about how it felt to get his first goal as a Ranger. First thing out of his mouth was "I'd rather have the two points" and it seemed sincere. That's the attitude we need.

Posts: 2580 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Record Breaker
Picture of PG67
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also loved his answer the other night about how it felt to get his first goal as a Ranger. First thing out of his mouth was "I'd rather have the two points" and it seemed sincere. That's the attitude we need.

Absolutely!!!

Posts: 10032 | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
What else is new, KC has some negative comments about a new player Slats and the Rangers made a trade for. Wow!!!!

First of all, like some of you have said, the guy is a beast and you don't have to look at his numbers from Columbus, pro or con to know that. You can see that for your self in just the 2 games he has played with the Rangers. He is one of the top players in the world and leave it to KC to try and put one of his negative spins on the guy.

He is not going to get the monster ice time he had in Columbus but he will still put up the big numbers and the big goals. Believe it or not I don't know what took KC so long to present his negative on Nash. I was waiting for it.

I will say this KC, at least you are consistent.

Posts: 5238 | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very talented player, huge body and knows how to use it well to protect the puck. The smaller Dmen in the division will have a real tough time with him. His size, and reach will be big weapons.

Can't get anymore negative than that!!!! I figured you'd work up to a stupidity high T, congrats on going right for it!!!

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty...and on Nash, anybody remember how pudgy he was when he came up? He's all solid now, will be exciting to see him wreck havoc. And I hate Lucic btw.

Posts: 5244 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
RZ...I would take Lucic as a Ranger any day. You don't have to like him, but the kid can play, and he's a good, tough, clean hockey player. Got to give him credit. I saw him interviewed last year year after the game he beat Prust up pretty good, and when asked about Prust he had nothing but good things to say about him and how the Rangers had just outplayed and beaten them.

Posts: 2580 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
quote:
Very talented player, huge body and knows how to use it well to protect the puck. The smaller Dmen in the division will have a real tough time with him. His size, and reach will be big weapons.

Can't get anymore negative than that!!!! I figured you'd work up to a stupidity high T, congrats on going right for it!!!
What do you know. KC forgot the rest of this post. Once again, KC a world of worthless information, because you talk out of both side of your mouth.

Here is what you left out KC (you know the negative part I was talking about?, draw your own conclusions Ranger Fans:

Now the bad, he put up some ugly +/_ numbers during his time in Columbus and we were all led to believe that was because of their lack of talent, that may have played a part, but after two games I can see he brought a lot of that on himself. On the Dupuis goal Sun night, the Rangers changed three guys on the PK(Girardi couldn't make it to the bench), Hags and Staal both hustled and got back into the play, Nash on the other hand...was for some unbeknownest reason all the way down at the wrong end of the bench(down by the backup goalie)slowly jumped over the boards and then made absolutely NO attempt to skate hard and join the play. I don't know if that's how he's used to things being, but it's not going to cut it on this team. He was also slow to come on on a shift change on Sat night, although that could have been caused by some confusion on the bench. Watch the replay of that goal if you get a chance, his effort was pathetic, Valeri Kamensky-like, if you will.

Correct me If I am wrong KC is the above the negatives you posted in your Thread. Or was that just an optical illusion?

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, couple games into the Nash era and a few things stand out, both good and bad

I don't know T, my opening sentence leads one to believe what, exactly. Read much?? I'd suggest YOU forgot the rest of my post. Any comment on the negative plays I mentioned??? Or do you only view Rangers' through rose colored glasses?

All Star
posted Hide Post
Here's the play, on the wide angle, notice Nash coming off the bench(on the wrong side, like I mentioned) and making absolutely ZERO effort to join the play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COQobaBJf08

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
Talk about reaching. Wow. Tell me KC and be honest, have you ever played any hockey? You got 4 guys rushing to the net late and Nash is behind. It was a terrible line change which Sullivan the asst. Coach makes those changes. I see Nash making a smart hockey move by laying back and if the puck gets knocked out of the zone and off the boards while everyone on the Pens are in front of him, he has a one on one break away.

All Star
posted Hide Post
Wow, even a dumber response than I could have expected. Let the other team go up 5 on 3 in case the puck comes free? Brilliant!!! And Tony, yes, I did play hockey, and common sense dictates while you're waiting on the bench you get as close as you can to where you'll be needed on the ice. It has NOTHING to do with Sullivan. Thanks for proving how clueless you are. A smart hockey move Chuckle You've outdone yourself this time.

Bystander
Picture of TonyG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc1313:
Wow, even a dumber response than I could have expected. Let the other team go up 5 on 3 in case the puck comes free? Brilliant!!! And Tony, yes, I did play hockey, and common sense dictates while you're waiting on the bench you get as close as you can to where you'll be needed on the ice. It has NOTHING to do with Sullivan. Thanks for proving how clueless you are. A smart hockey move Chuckle You've outdone yourself this time.
I am not talking about that knock hockey game you have in your basement KC. Poke

I would give anything to lace em up with you on the ice KC. just make sure you have your medical insurance paid up in full. Hockey RIP