community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    whats with the msg home page changing again?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

whats with the msg home page changing again? Login/Join

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted
i came by the other day and could not access the forums through the msg site as usual.
their only options are twitter, facebook and youtube.

are they gonna be shutting this forum down soon?
i had another non sports related site that i frequent do the same thing, they cried it cost too much money to maintain.

the only way i was able to get here was to google msg message boards.

i wonder how many other members are in the dark without warning, not saying we are teaming with members but most here have been around a good while.

Posts: 3152 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
Notice that the advertising banners are gone from the top of the page as well. I hope that isn't a sign that they're shutting this forum down. This is basically the only message board that I participate in. I don't do twitter, facebook, or anything else that's out there. I would be very disappointed if they shut this down.

Frowner

Posts: 5907 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
i hear you there, i don't go to those sites as well.
i really can not see what the attraction is, the format for those sites stink.

i guess the biggest difference is those places are free where as they have to pay to have this place open.
you would think owning MSG and cabelvision that they would not even blink at the measly cost of this site but then again they can not even pay someone to maintain it for them and answer members questions.

i have gotten very familiar with the names here and including my original screen name i been here about 9 or 10 years and i will sure be disappointed if it does shut down.

the other site i belonged to shut down and one of the members started his own board and continued it from there.
i wonder what that cost would be and how hard it would be to do that.

either way in case it does go down it has been a good run talking ranger hockey with everyone and good luck to all in life and i wish you all the best.

All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
i hear you there, i don't go to those sites as well.
i really can not see what the attraction is, the format for those sites stink.

i guess the biggest difference is those places are free where as they have to pay to have this place open.
you would think owning MSG and cabelvision that they would not even blink at the measly cost of this site but then again they can not even pay someone to maintain it for them and answer members questions.

i have gotten very familiar with the names here and including my original screen name i been here about 9 or 10 years and i will sure be disappointed if it does shut down.

the other site i belonged to shut down and one of the members started his own board and continued it from there.
i wonder what that cost would be and how hard it would be to do that.

either way in case it does go down it has been a good run talking ranger hockey with everyone and good luck to all in life and i wish you all the best.

Agreed. Perhaps all the regulars here should PM each other with contact info so we can keep in touch and perhaps even start our own forum elsewhere if they do end up shutting this down. Hopefully it won't be necessary, but just in case. But man oh man, I can't believe what a crappy year this is turning out to be. First, no NHL hockey, then Obama gets re-elected (oops, wrong forum), and now we have the possibility of this site shutting down.

Thumbs Down Grumpy Boo

Posts: 5907 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
i just went to zeta boards and started a new forum called the ny sports board and it is a work in progress.
if you go to s11.zetaboards.com/ny_sports_board.com it should take you there.
it is free to join and membership is instant with no waiting period.
i will be the moderator and i will need someone else but the forum will be open to all new york area sports fans for every team and will be pretty open and the only real restrictions will be language and other basic forum rules.

if you sign up use your current msg username and we will just continue there.

right now it is pretty basic but i want to get other categories together for each local team but i figure i would get something started and get the word out so we all can stay in touch.

Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
Notice that the advertising banners are gone from the top of the page as well. I hope that isn't a sign that they're shutting this forum down. This is basically the only message board that I participate in. I don't do twitter, facebook, or anything else that's out there. I would be very disappointed if they shut this down.

Frowner

I'm with you on that. This is the only place I go .Lets hope this place stays up.

Let's go Rangers.

Posts: 911 | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
here we go again i tried to access your new venture with no luck please give the address again thanks Don.

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
yeah i was having trouble myself going on the conventional way but if you go right to the address bar on top and go to s11.zetaboards.com/ny_sports_board it should take you there.

i literally started it about a hour and a half ago and i am sure it is not up in any search engine yet.

if someone else is a little more savvy with the computer and internet stuff and would like to be a moderator let me know.

i did this so we can all keep in touch and i wanted to get it going initially and get the word out in case msg shuts down.

Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
It would really be a shame if these boards were shut down. We are truly a community.

Tough to find a new board as well.

If someone here starts a new board or finds another good one that we can migrate to I would like to join.

Hopefully if that happens we get a heads up of a few weeks to plan. I'm talkin to you moderators.

Posts: 1122 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
the address that works right now is s11.zetaboards.com/ny_sports_board/index/ it works if you go to the site directly and if you go through a google or bing search it will not come up yet.
right now it is up and running and i have pretty much a similar format as the msg board with all the local teams and a general talk section.

sign up is easy and only takes a username, password and email and functions immediately.

another site i used closed down and someone there started a new board at this place to continue the old one and it has worked out well.
it is safe and there is no worries going there.

i have all the permissions set on so avatars and signatures are allowed.

just remember if you sign up to use the same name as here so we know who is who.
everyone is free to use what ever name they choose and no one has to use their old name if they do not like.

i don't know what the future holds for this place but judging by that they changed their home page (again) and there is no menu option for this place it only seems logical it is on it's way out.
i would not expect them to warn us due to they never even answered our questions or other inquiries before so why would they start now.

most people probably do not even know how to get back on here now.

Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
im not kidding i can not seem to be able to get on zeta board someone please send me a link

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wiskas II:
im not kidding i can not seem to be able to get on zeta board someone please send me a link

hey don, the easiest way is to go directly to the address bar on top and type in http://s11.zetaboards.com/ny_sports_board/index/ and it will take you there.

new home

Rookie
Picture of number seven
posted Hide Post
Slapper I had no trouble signing on your new site. I do not post much but I stop by most everyday. And i will be doing the same over there. I hope everybody comes over it is like I know everyone.

Posts: 708 | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by number seven:
Slapper I had no trouble signing on your new site. I do not post much but I stop by most everyday. And i will be doing the same over there. I hope everybody comes over it is like I know everyone.

yeah i hope everyone comes over there as well if this places goes south.
i took action because i would hate to see it go away because it took a long time to get to know everyone and i already lost a place that i felt the same way about recently and if i lost this place i would have no real sites i would enjoy as much left.
i do go to others but places like hfboards has entirely too many know it all's and it is not a real friendly place from my perspective.

Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
quote:
Originally posted by wiskas II:

hey don, the easiest way is to go directly to the address bar on top and type in http://s11.zetaboards.com/ny_sports_board/index/ and it will take you there.

new home

thanks for the help slapper i made it to the other side