community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Rupp
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Rupp Login/Join
 
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted
Obviously, Mike Rupp has been the target of some criticism from Ranger fans for not playing up to par last season. Apparently his surgically repaired knee was giving him problems basically all season and he was not able to perform at the level he would have liked. He says he has taken an ample amount of time to rest and heal his knee properly this off season and he says the knee is feeling better than it has in quite a while. My opinion on this? I like having Mike Rupp on the team and the injury explaination makes sense to me. He's a total professional, a good guy to have in the locker room, and he plays a tough honest game. Hopefully he will be healthy next season and play the way he's capable of playing and the way we need him to play.

Hockey
 
Posts: 5968 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
Obviously, Mike Rupp has been the target of some criticism from Ranger fans for not playing up to par last season. Apparently his surgically repaired knee was giving him problems basically all season and he was not able to perform at the level he would have liked. He says he has taken an ample amount of time to rest and heal his knee properly this off season and he says the knee is feeling better than it has in quite a while. My opinion on this? I like having Mike Rupp on the team and the injury explaination makes sense to me. He's a total professional, a good guy to have in the locker room, and he plays a tough honest game. Hopefully he will be healthy next season and play the way he's capable of playing and the way we need him to play.

Hockey



Bah, Humbug!
 
Posts: 5576 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Double R:
Obviously, Mike Rupp has been the target of some criticism from Ranger fans for not playing up to par last season. Apparently his surgically repaired knee was giving him problems basically all season and he was not able to perform at the level he would have liked. He says he has taken an ample amount of time to rest and heal his knee properly this off season and he says the knee is feeling better than it has in quite a while. My opinion on this? I like having Mike Rupp on the team and the injury explaination makes sense to me. He's a total professional, a good guy to have in the locker room, and he plays a tough honest game. Hopefully he will be healthy next season and play the way he's capable of playing and the way we need him to play.

Hockey



Stop
 
Posts: 5576 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
I will take Prust back!!!!


Bounce
 
Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
Obviously, Mike Rupp has been the target of some criticism from Ranger fans for not playing up to par last season. Apparently his surgically repaired knee was giving him problems basically all season and he was not able to perform at the level he would have liked. He says he has taken an ample amount of time to rest and heal his knee properly this off season and he says the knee is feeling better than it has in quite a while. My opinion on this? I like having Mike Rupp on the team and the injury explaination makes sense to me. He's a total professional, a good guy to have in the locker room, and he plays a tough honest game. Hopefully he will be healthy next season and play the way he's capable of playing and the way we need him to play.

Hockey



I didn't realize that the maven had an interview with Torts and the subject about Rupp came up. Disappointed to hear that Torts wants him back. There has to be someone out there more deserving of a roster spot than Rupp.
 
Posts: 5576 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
I don't get why NYRfan16 is a such a Rupp hater. I also like having him on the team. Hes big, throws the body around, and protects will protect his teammates. He also chips in with a goal from time to time. Hes a grizzled veteran and you need those around over the course of a season and post season.
 
Posts: 1135 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
Biz you make some good points and I guess Torts thinks he gets it and is a value to the team.

Maybe he just was a bit injured as many have mentioned.

I still would take Prust back!!! Although it has nothing to do with Rupp!

Cheer

On another note, The NY Giants look even better this season, I hope they can stay injury free,

Can't wait to see Hixion and the whole crew together!!!
 
Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biz1006:
I don't get why NYRfan16 is a such a Rupp hater. I also like having him on the team. Hes big, throws the body around, and protects will protect his teammates. He also chips in with a goal from time to time. Hes a grizzled veteran and you need those around over the course of a season and post season.


I don't hate Rupp. I like the guy, but his play really fell off last year. Injuries? He masked it pretty well if he had them. Was he banged up at times? More than likely. All of the players were. Chips in goals from time to time? What is your definition from time to time? Six months?
Does he bang the body and is a big force when he is on the ice? I'll give you that, but he has lost his willingness to scrap. Maybe in fear of hurting himself worse. All I know is that in order for our team to have the best chance of winning the cup, we need our 3rd. and 4th. lines contributing more goals. Rupp is not our best choice to do that in my opinion. Torts has decided before camp has started to give Rupp another chance. That's just great news for a player whose trying to make the club this year. How about letting him try to win the position instead. If Rupp has a bounce back year I'll be the first to congratulate him, but don't give him a spot on the roster automatically. He has to earn it.
 
Posts: 5576 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of mikemart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
Obviously, Mike Rupp has been the target of some criticism from Ranger fans for not playing up to par last season. Apparently his surgically repaired knee was giving him problems basically all season and he was not able to perform at the level he would have liked. He says he has taken an ample amount of time to rest and heal his knee properly this off season and he says the knee is feeling better than it has in quite a while. My opinion on this? I like having Mike Rupp on the team and the injury explaination makes sense to me. He's a total professional, a good guy to have in the locker room, and he plays a tough honest game. Hopefully he will be healthy next season and play the way he's capable of playing and the way we need him to play.

Hockey



I didn't realize that the maven had an interview with Torts and the subject about Rupp came up. Disappointed to hear that Torts wants him back. There has to be someone out there more deserving of a roster spot than Rupp.


I share the same sentiment, even if he does get healthy, what do people expect? Useless.
 
Posts: 1007 | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
quote:
Originally posted by biz1006:
I don't get why NYRfan16 is a such a Rupp hater. I also like having him on the team. Hes big, throws the body around, and protects will protect his teammates. He also chips in with a goal from time to time. Hes a grizzled veteran and you need those around over the course of a season and post season.


I don't hate Rupp. I like the guy, but his play really fell off last year. Injuries? He masked it pretty well if he had them. Was he banged up at times? More than likely. All of the players were. Chips in goals from time to time? What is your definition from time to time? Six months?
Does he bang the body and is a big force when he is on the ice? I'll give you that, but he has lost his willingness to scrap. Maybe in fear of hurting himself worse. All I know is that in order for our team to have the best chance of winning the cup, we need our 3rd. and 4th. lines contributing more goals. Rupp is not our best choice to do that in my opinion. Torts has decided before camp has started to give Rupp another chance. That's just great news for a player whose trying to make the club this year. How about letting him try to win the position instead. If Rupp has a bounce back year I'll be the first to congratulate him, but don't give him a spot on the roster automatically. He has to earn it.


I agree he has to earn his spot. By chipping in with goals I mean that he scores more than past 4th liners we had (see Ryan Hollweg). At least Rupp takes the puck to the net and gives us a chance. He knows his capabilities and does not try to make plays out of his skill level.
 
Posts: 1135 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biz1006:


I agree he has to earn his spot. By chipping in with goals I mean that he scores more than past 4th liners we had (see Ryan Hollweg). At least Rupp takes the puck to the net and gives us a chance. He knows his capabilities and does not try to make plays out of his skill level.



The days of Holweg are long gone. This new ranger team is for real. The old team was wishful thinking. The devils this year were a one year wonder, but what they do have is a fourth line that can put you on your heels. It may not matter having Rupp for the first 82 games. Come playoff time when the big guns are covered like a blanket the role players need to step up and contribute. Not by knowing their capabilities and not trying to make plays they know they can't make. They need to step up their offensive play. Is our fourth line capable of that? I don't think so.
 
Posts: 5576 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sports Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
It may not matter having Rupp for the first 82 games. Come playoff time when the big guns are covered like a blanket the role players need to step up and contribute. Not by knowing their capabilities and not trying to make plays they know they can't make. They need to step up their offensive play. Is our fourth line capable of that? I don't think so.


I totally agree with this take. We solidified our top 6 by picking up Nash which is great, but not without weakening the bottom 6. We are looking at Rupp-Halpern-Asham as our current 4th line if the season started today. We all know that Torts won't play them much anyhow, but other then Halpern with his faceoffs which could be valuable; Rupp and Asham aren't going to contribute much else then a fight or two on any given night. In my opinion I wouldn't dress both Rupp and Asham in the same game, unless it's against a rival. I would rather see a spot saved for one of our youngsters coming up, who is more versatile. I know he's young but I'm reading a lot of great things about JT Miller. Versatility is his specialty, being able to play all 3 forward positions
What worries me the most about this upcoming season is this team lost 3 of it's best defensive and hustle players in Dubinsky, Prust, and Feds. I think guys like Bickel and Stalman will be exposed a lot more this year then they were previously, and also Del Zotto to a lesser extent. Lundqvist will have to be on his game early and often to steal some games for us. I'm looking forward to see how this team responds.
 
Posts: 445 | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NYR112935:

What worries me the most about this upcoming season is this team lost 3 of it's best defensive and hustle players in Dubinsky, Prust, and Feds.


Me too. Another one of our problems is the fact our 4th. line as it stands now except for Halpern will never be on the ice in a defensive situation. You can also add Mitchell to the list. He was a decent defensive player.
 
Posts: 5576 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sports Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
Another one of our problems is the fact our 4th. line as it stands now except for Halpern will never be on the ice in a defensive situation.


Exactly, and that is going to mean even more wear and tear on our best players through the course of the season. If we have injuries to those guys we are in big trouble, because I can't see Rupp or Asham being able to move up in the line-up and fill a hole(especially on the penalty kill).
 
Posts: 445 | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYR112935:
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
Another one of our problems is the fact our 4th. line as it stands now except for Halpern will never be on the ice in a defensive situation.


Exactly, and that is going to mean even more wear and tear on our best players through the course of the season. If we have injuries to those guys we are in big trouble, because I can't see Rupp or Asham being able to move up in the line-up and fill a hole(especially on the penalty kill).


I think what some of you are overlooking here is that the Rangers roster as of right now hasn't been finalized just yet. I'm quite sure there are a few more pieces yet to be added, whether it's via free agency or through our farm system. Wait until all the pieces are in place before making all of the angst-ridden comments.
 
Posts: 5968 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

    community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Rupp