community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    Rupp
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rupp Login/Join

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double R:
quote:
Originally posted by NYR112935:
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
Another one of our problems is the fact our 4th. line as it stands now except for Halpern will never be on the ice in a defensive situation.

Exactly, and that is going to mean even more wear and tear on our best players through the course of the season. If we have injuries to those guys we are in big trouble, because I can't see Rupp or Asham being able to move up in the line-up and fill a hole(especially on the penalty kill).

I think what some of you are overlooking here is that the Rangers roster as of right now hasn't been finalized just yet. I'm quite sure there are a few more pieces yet to be added, whether it's via free agency or through our farm system. Wait until all the pieces are in place before making all of the angst-ridden comments.

Isn't that what we're hoping for? Didn't I voice my displeasure regarding Rupp and his automatic pick to make the team? When you started this blog I noticed Maven's interview with Torts on the MSG page. I thought perhaps that your comments regarding Rupp had something to do with the article. Maybe not. I mean, dissect what Torts stated in the interview according to Fishler. To me it says Rupp will make the team. I have a problem with that. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, so I will state again. Let the players earn their spots, especially Rupp!

Posts: 5028 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, so I will state again. Let the players earn their spots, especially Rupp!

Absolutely. That's what I want as well and I think that's what every Ranger fan wants. I still like Mike Rupp and I'd like to see him back in the lineup, but if there is a better option out there and someone who fills that role better we should go with that option. My loyalty is to the New York Rangers hockey team, not any individual player. Every Ranger fan wants the best possible Ranger team on the ice, especially now that this team is on the verge of doing something special next season.

Cheers

Posts: 5498 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, so I will state again. Let the players earn their spots, especially Rupp!

Absolutely. That's what I want as well and I think that's what every Ranger fan wants. I still like Mike Rupp and I'd like to see him back in the lineup, but if there is a better option out there and someone who fills that role better we should go with that option. My loyalty is to the New York Rangers hockey team, not any individual player. Every Ranger fan wants the best possible Ranger team on the ice, especially now that this team is on the verge of doing something special next season.

Cheers
Cheers

Posts: 5028 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think what some of you are overlooking here is that the Rangers roster as of right now hasn't been finalized just yet. I'm quite sure there are a few more pieces yet to be added, whether it's via free agency or through our farm system. Wait until all the pieces are in place before making all of the angst-ridden comments.

You mistook me DoubleR. They aren't "angst-ridden" comments, and I'm not trying to come off as being negative. Merely pointing out the fact that if the season started today those 3 guys would most likely be our 4th line, and to me it isn't good enough.
Who knows? With the players we've lost this offseason it could change this team's identity from the last couple of seasons. I think Torts plays a big hand in that, but it's hard to replace all of that work ethic/willingness. Dubinsky, Prust, Feds, Anisimov, and even Mitchell gave us a lot of good minutes in important situations last season. Can we overcome it? Sure we can, but as I've already stated I don't have the same confidence that Rupp, Asham, or even Halpern could do the same if called upon.
I too think this team will make another couple of moves, especially with Gaborik's injury. It has to be the right guy though. I wouldn't pay Shane Doan upwards of 5 million(for example). It would be ideal if Miller/Thomas/Bourque could make the jump this year. Again, we shall see.

Posts: 341 | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All Star
Picture of Double R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYR112935:
quote:

You mistook me DoubleR. They aren't "angst-ridden" comments, and I'm not trying to come off as being negative. Merely pointing out the fact that if the season started today those 3 guys would most likely be our 4th line, and to me it isn't good enough.
Who knows? With the players we've lost this offseason it could change this team's identity from the last couple of seasons. I think Torts plays a big hand in that, but it's hard to replace all of that work ethic/willingness. Dubinsky, Prust, Feds, Anisimov, and even Mitchell gave us a lot of good minutes in important situations last season. Can we overcome it? Sure we can, but as I've already stated I don't have the same confidence that Rupp, Asham, or even Halpern could do the same if called upon.
I too think this team will make another couple of moves, especially with Gaborik's injury. It has to be the right guy though. I wouldn't pay Shane Doan upwards of 5 million(for example). It would be ideal if Miller/Thomas/Bourque could make the jump this year. Again, we shall see.

I'm glad you mentioned the likes of JT Miller because he's the player more than anyone that I want to see make the team this upcoming season. I think his skill set and style of play is exactly what the doctor ordered as far as filling one of the holes left by the departing players. The infusion of youth has really paid dividends for the Rangers and I see that trend continuing with Miller.

Posts: 5498 | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post