community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK RANGERS    OWNERS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OWNERS Login/Join

Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted
How happy are they going to be when they have to return ticket revenue to the fans for pre paid seats.I wonder if there is a secret cabal amongst them without buttman involved. Chat

Posts: 911 | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
the owners and bettman never cease to amaze me.
everytime we get to these cross roads they always pull this " it's my way or the highway " garbage.

negotiations are exactly that, negotiations and in order to be successful you can not expect to get everything you want every time.

the very fact that the owners shut down talks when they just merely began a few short weeks ago when they had years to get this done just goes to show it all revolves around money and only money.

they have been profitable and have seen record revenues and they keep handing out money for these huge contracts but yet they cry poor.

i think every free agent that got a big contract got fleeced this year because the owners knew what they were gonna do and never fully intended to pay the full value of the deal.

regardless of what transpires in the coming weeks i think the players association should demand that regardless of what deal gets done that it all revolves around free agency getting a re-do.

the wild signed two coveted free agents this year for 200 mil and if the owners get what they want in salary rollbacks the wild will get out of 50 mil that they agreed to pay these FA's.

i think if parise knew he was gonna possibly walk away with only 75 mil he would have possibly stayed put or at least looked into other options with a more open mind.

this whole thing smells of a sham and if the owners shorten our season or lock out another season, again, i will never pay to see a game again or ever buy any officially licensed nhl swag again.
i will still watch the games because i love the sport but i will do everything i can to minimize how much money they get from me.

Posts: 3154 | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slapper:
everytime we get to these cross roads they always pull this " it's my way or the highway " garbage.

negotiations are exactly that, negotiations and in order to be successful you can not expect to get everything you want every time.

the very fact that the owners shut down talks when they just merely began a few short weeks ago when they had years to get this done just goes to show it all revolves around money and only money.

they have been profitable and have seen record revenues and they keep handing out money for these huge contracts but yet they cry poor.

i think every free agent that got a big contract got fleeced this year because the owners knew what they were gonna do and never fully intended to pay the full value of the deal.

regardless of what transpires in the coming weeks i think the players association should demand that regardless of what deal gets done that it all revolves around free agency getting a re-do.

the wild signed two coveted free agents this year for 200 mil and if the owners get what they want in salary rollbacks the wild will get out of 50 mil that they agreed to pay these FA's.

i think if parise knew he was gonna possibly walk away with only 75 mil he would have possibly stayed put or at least looked into other options with a more open mind.

this whole thing smells of a sham and if the owners shorten our season or lock out another season, again, i will never pay to see a game again or ever buy any officially licensed nhl swag again.
i will still watch the games because i love the sport but i will do everything i can to minimize how much money they get from me.

We think alike !!! BUT never is a long long time with that said I will be pretty pizzzzzzzzz
ed off. Hockey

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wiskas II:
quote:

We think alike !!! BUT never is a long long time with that said I will be pretty pizzzzzzzzz
ed off. Hockey

you don't know me very well and i have stopped doing business with people for less.

the owners locked the players out for a entire season and they ended up giving them what they did and even though they are making money they still are not happy and want more.

and in the end, the players still find work and make money and the owners eventually get back to making money and make up for lost revenue and as usual the fans who actually support the sport get the shaft.

i am still pizzed off about the last lock out and i had yet to spend a dime on the nhl in any way shape or form since and if they do it again i will go to my grave without giving them any support ever again.

for me it will be the straw that broke the camels back.

All Star
Picture of RZ Bure
posted Hide Post
The players association is not without it's fair share of blAme either.

Posts: 5230 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

All Star
Picture of luckysteve
posted Hide Post
It's hard to get too worked up about this...again. At the end of the day, they will all make their money. As for the free agents, don't think for a minute that all this wasn't anticipated.
@Slapper: I used to be a huge MLB fan. The last work stoppage years ago, was enough for me. I can't say I've spent nothing, but I can tell you what I have spent is minimal, and my interest in that sport is nowhere near what it was. I hope the NHL doesn't ruin it for me too.

Posts: 4840 | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
For the price I pay for my season tickets these clowns better get there act together!!!

I am worked up Steve lol

Posts: 374 | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Leagues
Picture of wiskas II
posted Hide Post
I think the owners will collapse one third of them are on thin ice(pun) intended the isles have trouble selling seats the swamp rats have been in fiscal trouble for years .the southern teams have their troubles In reality yhere are only a dozen teams that are rock solid.

prediction BUTTHOLE GETS CANNED

Sports Fan
Picture of nydanv
posted Hide Post
Can someone summarize what is going on with the lockout. Who wants what? Who is to blame? I am a bit confused. Thanks

Posts: 1329 | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the owners will collapse one third of them are on thin ice(pun) intended the isles have trouble selling seats the swamp rats have been in fiscal trouble for years .the southern teams have their troubles In reality yhere are only a dozen teams that are rock solid.

3rd lockout in the Gary Bettman era...he should definitely get canned.

Posts: 1125 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bystander
Picture of slapper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biz1006:
quote:

as much as i dislike bettman it is not his fault.
he is merely the puppet for the owners and every thing he does is based on what they want.

i can see that the owners need to increase their revenue to pay for the poor market teams and being the players get 57,% more then half the league revenue that reductions should start there.

i know the fans come to see the players but the owners costs are far higher then any player in the game.
they have to pay for the arena's plus franchise fee's to the nhl and many other costs and if it was not for them there would be no league.

the bottom line is the owners own the league and in the end will get exactly what they want.

the players will only shoot themselves in the foot if it gets drawn out too long and the money they will lose in a lower revenue share reduction will be surpassed by complete loss of a substantial portion of salary from missed games.

the last lock out also cost a ton of players the end of their careers that were still capable of playing well but got released because of high salary and age.

in the end i am upset this happened because hockey is my main sport and although i love football and baseball, it just does not work with my life schedule as easily and i just love the game more then other sports.

football is great, but the lion share of games come on the only day of the week that i am off to get stuff done in my life that can not be done because i am too busy with work.

baseball there is just way too many games and takes too long to get a game in and really don't get good until the end of season and playoffs.

basketball, it's just not my bag and i watch the playoffs but it just does not interest me.

i dread this becoming 2004 again and that was a bad year for a hockey sports fan and hockey lost a lot of media coverage as a result and here we are at yet another lock out and there is not much mention of it on the news and sports shows.

but as usual the lowly sap fans that we are get screwed and lose out on one of the things we like and use to get through our day to day lives.

i was looking forward to the season getting under way and the boards coming back to life but i guess now we will all be miserable and take it out on each other with some heated back and fourths.

well, here is to this not dragging out too long Confused

All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

he is merely the puppet for the owners and every thing he does is based on what they want.

i can see that the owners need to increase their revenue to pay for the poor market teams and being the players get 57,% more then half the league revenue that reductions should start there.

i know the fans come to see the players but the owners costs are far higher then any player in the game.
they have to pay for the arena's plus franchise fee's to the nhl and many other costs and if it was not for them there would be no league.

the bottom line is the owners own the league and in the end will get exactly what they want.

the players will only shoot themselves in the foot if it gets drawn out too long and the money they will lose in a lower revenue share reduction will be surpassed by complete loss of a substantial portion of salary from missed games.

the last lock out also cost a ton of players the end of their careers that were still capable of playing well but got released because of high salary and age.

in the end i am upset this happened because hockey is my main sport and although i love football and baseball, it just does not work with my life schedule as easily and i just love the game more then other sports.

football is great, but the lion share of games come on the only day of the week that i am off to get stuff done in my life that can not be done because i am too busy with work.

baseball there is just way too many games and takes too long to get a game in and really don't get good until the end of season and playoffs.

basketball, it's just not my bag and i watch the playoffs but it just does not interest me.

i dread this becoming 2004 again and that was a bad year for a hockey sports fan and hockey lost a lot of media coverage as a result and here we are at yet another lock out and there is not much mention of it on the news and sports shows.

but as usual the lowly sap fans that we are get screwed and lose out on one of the things we like and use to get through our day to day lives.

i was looking forward to the season getting under way and the boards coming back to life but i guess now we will all be miserable and take it out on each other with some heated back and fourths.

I share the same sentiments in all of the above.
Earlier this year I saw a couple episodes of Bettman on NHL live with EJ and he came across likeable enough to the fans who had questions. Watch him in any interview and he comes across totally different. Calculated in his thoughts and can get defensive on the flip of a coin.
The man gets paid a ton of money to act like the puppet we know he already is. How about a reduction in his salary? Another thing, I wonder how the relationship between Crosby and Mario is going?

Posts: 5515 | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bystander
Picture of biz1006
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NYRfan16:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I share the same sentiments in all of the above.
Earlier this year I saw a couple episodes of Bettman on NHL live with EJ and he came across likeable enough to the fans who had questions. Watch him in any interview and he comes across totally different. Calculated in his thoughts and can get defensive on the flip of a coin.
The man gets paid a ton of money to act like the puppet we know he already is. How about a reduction in his salary? Another thing, I wonder how the relationship between Crosby and Mario is going?

I do agree that it is not entirely Bettmans fault, but as a commissioner of the league, I feel one of his duties should be to ensure that the season actually takes place.

This is so frustrating as a fan. The NHL has added teams, many in questionable hockey markets. These teams struggle to be profitable, yet the owners can afford to continue offering players contracts worth over $100 million. Somehow that adds up to no hockey.

Posts: 1125 | Registered: May 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Major Leagues
Picture of Serapheem
posted Hide Post
sorry but I have to put the blame on Bettman and the owners. Bettman got the owners everything they wanted last time and the owners don't like it?

I've listened to Bettman crow about record revenues but only 9 teams make a profit?

The last time the players gave back a large amount in salary and I can't blame them for not wanting to give back money again for the owners again.

And my prediction.. if this goes on for a few months look for the PA to start talking about killing the salary cap

Posts: 4375 | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
Picture of Scooter
posted Hide Post
This is horrible. I'm not sure I would blame Bettman for this lockout (although many people on this board almost have me convinced). However, lockouts have happened way too many times under his regime, so the time has come for him say goodbye.

It's a shame this has to happen just as (in my opinion)the fans were starting to come back.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post