community.msgnetwork.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports Talk  Hop To Forums  NEW YORK KNICKS    Trade Rumor: Ron Artest to the Knicks for Jamal Crawford
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trade Rumor: Ron Artest to the Knicks for Jamal Crawford Login/Join

Spectator
posted
This is just a rumor, but according to Jonathan Givony from Draft Express, there's talk that the Knicks may trade Jamal Crawford straight up for Ron Artest, or a package of Channing Frye and Malik Rose for Artest.

Listen to his podcast. This rumor comes up around the 11 minute mark.

Personally I wouldn't do it. For all his talent, I think he's a cancer.

http://draftexpress.com/podcast.php

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Theguy,

Posts: 11365 | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
posted Hide Post
Ron Artest is exactly the type of 2-way player needed here. Unfortunately, he brings too much baggage. If he didn't, he wouldn't be available. It's too bad. Let someone else deal with the drama.

Posts: 7266 | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
If Isiah makes this deal, this will be without question his most controversial move as GM, and that's saying alot.

If Isiah gambles on him and Artest snaps and has one of his episodes, it'll soon be over for Zeke.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Theguy,

Sports Fan
posted Hide Post
Channing Frye and Malik Rose for Ron Artest. Why wouldn't you do this deal?

Posts: 1267 | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
On paper it's a no brainer. But the minute Artest demands a month off to promote his rap album, or starts talking retirement in the middle of the season..then we know we made a mistake.

Why not just go after Gerald Wallace, who's the same type of player minus the baggage? Wallace is still 24 so it's not like he's done improving. He might even be better than Artest.

Rookie
posted Hide Post
If this is true this will be Isiah's most talked about and controvertial move yet. This is a 50/50 move it can have some great benefits but then there is a chance that this will blow up in IT's face. I don't know if it happens I guess we enjoy Artest as long as he's playing.

Posts: 723 | Registered: October 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
General Manager
posted Hide Post
I think Artest is a fantastic player, but do the Knicks really need him in their lives, especially at the expense of their lottery pick from last year? Too early to give up on him for a volatile guy like Artest, even with the opportunity to get rid of Rose which I'm not real anxious to do anyway.

Posts: 7266 | Registered: October 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JzRadio60:
I think Artest is a fantastic player, but do the Knicks really need him in their lives, especially at the expense of their lottery pick from last year? Too early to give up on him for a volatile guy like Artest, even with the opportunity to get rid of Rose which I'm not real anxious to do anyway.

I know that Artest has about the popularity of OJ right now but this could be the change that he needs. He is at home playing for the team that should've drafted him in the first place. This may bring some since of peace to him. I agree with you on the problems Ron can bring but his play on the court is what we should look at. I think that we the mix of defense and offense he can bring that he could be a valuable player but that will totally depend if IT can somehow get this guy to just concentrate on baskeball and leave all the other probelms in Sacto.

Spectator
posted Hide Post
The only way I trade for Artest if it's for Steve Francis. Trade our headache for theirs.

Sports Fan
posted Hide Post
Artest is a better ball handler, better shooter, a better passer, and can defend 4 positions on the floor. The whole demanding a trade thing was mishandled by Indiana.

Posts: 1267 | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Hall of Fame
Picture of WrightNReyes
posted Hide Post
Please keep Jamal Crawford. He is a big part of Eddy Curry's offense. He is also a good friend of his. If we trade Crawford, who knows how Curry will react.

Even though Artest is a head case, he is a good player. He actually plays some DEFENSE, something the Knicks can't do.

Posts: 28532 | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EW87:
Artest is a better ball handler, better shooter, a better passer, and can defend 4 positions on the floor. The whole demanding a trade thing was mishandled by Indiana.

He might be but at least you know Wallace doesn't have any off the court baggage. And that he won't get suspended when you need him the most.

I'll take Wallace and his ability to defend 3 positions instead of 4 any day. Plus Wallace is a much improved scorer. I think he had a 40 something point game this past season.

And the best part about getting Wallace instead of Artest is that we can possibly just sign him outright as a free agent.

Major Leagues
posted Hide Post
I'd trade any of those guys for Artest.

Remember, Spreewell was supposed to be a cancer and we got several good years out of him before Dolans stupidly ran him out of town over the broken hand fiasco.

Crawford will not get us to the next level, which, we have to take baby steps, is being a .500 team.

Frye is a low energy player. I've given up on him.

IT coached Artest and I don't remember any real problems with him under IT. Remember all those years where everyone in NY was complaining about Weiss over Artest?

Artest has 2 years on his deal vs. Crawford's 4?

Posts: 1919 | Registered: December 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectator
posted Hide Post
Yeah but Sprewell only really had one major incident prior to being traded to the Knicks, while Artest set off the brawl in Detroit as a Pacer, then the following season demanded a month off to promote his rap album, and he had the nerve to do this after his team mates stuck up for him and lost millions in salary, then he demands a trade, and by then the Pacers were more than happy to accomodate him.

When he gets to Sacramento what does he do? He starts trouble in the clubhouse and begins hinting that he's gonna retire while the Kings are in the middle of a playoff run.

Gimme a break. I don't want him here.

Rookie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Theguy:
quote:
Originally posted by EW87:

He might be but at least you know Wallace doesn't have any off the court baggage. And that he won't get suspended when you need him the most.

I'll take Wallace and his ability to defend 3 positions instead of 4 any day. Plus Wallace is a much improved scorer. I think he had a 40 something point game this past season.

And the best part about getting Wallace instead of Artest is that we can possibly just sign him outright as a free agent.

I like your idea of Gerald Wallace he has vastly improved his game in all areas, for right now this is all rumor. We will not have to worry about Gerald with off and on the court issues. I think that Isiah is looking at the fact the Artest can be had for real cheap and he can get rid of a bad contract alone with something with a filler like Frye, with Gerald if we sign him outright it won't help us cap wise at all.